by Quotes 60 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

This is awesome True and funny too Thanks AuldSoul

alt

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Jst2laws said it much the same way I would:

Now your work, that they tried to shut down, is going up all over and in places they can't reach. It is so embarrasing I think they bring reproach on Jehovah's name by claiming he supports them.

Peter, the WTS with their "legal department" and billions of dollars they could not shut your work down. There are so many others who have the guts to also make known the truth about the Watchtower. Thanks for all you've done. You've helped people in ways you can't even imagine.

YC

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Quotes,

Eh-h, scatology? Isn't that the study of crackpot religion's "end of times" propaganda? Oh, no, that's eschatology. Scatology is the study of feces...yes, well, sometimes it is hard to tell them apart.

[tips hat to Lady Lee] Mornin' ma'am. How's the day treating you so far?

[waves to YoursChelbie]

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Congratulations and best wishes for your future endeavours! I hope you can make some money on your next one! Oh those mirror sites make me so happy!

I must reiterate what someone else said because it's so funny and so true:

"I wonder if they even realize yet how shutting you down has been the Internet equivalent to having the gun go off in their pants while they were trying to draw?"

I wish I knew how to create mirror site.

P.S. Auld Soul, speaking of scat, the further you get away, the less you smell it. I was going to say, the further you get, the less it stinks, but, you know . . . it stinks whether you're in it, on it, above it, or cleaning it up. Heh! Nice play on werds, btw. I remember learning about "eschatology" in a Religion class my freshman year; then it was on to scat in some science class; hmmm, seems like it should have been the reverse, though.

• Gordy
    Gordy

Quotes

Just adding my bit to what everyone else has said.

You "Quotes" website was one of the best that helped me leave the JW's after nearly 30 years. Freeminds and JWD being the others.

For the first time it opened up to me what the WT was really doing. How they changed doctrine, teachings etc over the years. Seeing quotes from WT publication I would never have had otherwise. Also told plenty of others to check it out.

When the WT decided to sue you I thought "bad move" . They do have a habit of shooting themselves in the foot.

First because of their action they drew attention to the site. As you figures show from 15,000 a day viewing the site up to 50,000 a day.

Then when they won. What happened mirror sites started springing up all over the place. Now instead of one site to contend with they now have (last I heard) 15.

Thanks again Quotes. cheers!

• gespro
    gespro

THANK YOU QUOTES!!!!

What you've done is to create the perfect weapon against the WTS without lifting a sword!

The results are as if someone went after a bee or a hornet and have yet to realize they've disturbed a nest of millions!

I just downloaded a zip file of the entire contents of the old website. Maybe we should all put mirror sites up...

Gespro of the 'getting my mind and my flow back' class

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Quotes

I'll say it again. Your site raised the bar for all websites about jw teachings. I really think it is the catalyst for a truly effective counter-campaign. I was tired of the bitterness you could feel coming off of some sites. I've been just as guilty of spewing vitriol here on JWD (especially early on). But your site was brilliant in that you were completely unbiased and intellectually honest. That honesty amplified the power of the content.

• Stromboli
    Stromboli

Hi,

Quotes I've thanked you before for what your work has done to me, BUT I AM VERY PLEASED TO ADD THAT:

I have informed my jw cousin (almost 20 years) of what the WT was doing to you and I have managed to show her the mirrows of your site. Translating (as she doesn't speak English) the various letters and making her read the WT own words. Their obvious arrogance made her think again and decided to investigate.

After few months she no longer believes that the GB is the FDS. And she's planning her exit (as you can immagine not easy).

Your work lives on and is still doing its job, meeting the target again and again!

Stromboli ==> of the "boy they made a mistake or what" class

• Quotes
    Quotes

Stromboli, you've made me too happy for words!

But don't thank me, thank the clever authors of the material that helped free your cousin: the Watch Tower themselves!!!!

~Q

• Lord-Quad
    Lord-Quad

To Quote's

You did an excellent job, buddy! The Watchtower Society made a HUGE mistake in suing you. The quote's are plastered all over the web now. I support you 100%, and before your site was taken down, I copied the entire thing. And have placed it nice and safe on the web.

to view it, you may find it here:

http://www.watchtower.cc

I would give you credit for your work, but do not want to cause you any more trouble with the mighty borg.

Heck, I don't even know your name. My name is David! Nice to meet you anyways!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit