Do you struggle with some level of OCD?

by Billygoat 52 Replies latest watchtower medical

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

yes - come on this board too often

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Is there anything that you MUST do, not for any particular reason other than that's how you WANT them? Is it a non-negotiable for you?

Well I used to say having an absolutely neat and clean house. But then my wife and I had children. That took care of that OCD (although I do still stress out if there's a bunch of toys/clothes/junk scattered around).

My overriding OCD though is washing my hands. I do it 6 or 7 times a day. I know why, but that doesn't help any. Still, at least I have clean hands.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I compulsively buy cleaning products, ranging for shampoo, body wash. etc. Often I don't use but a select few, but I have my shelves and closets full of them and can't stop buying. I have trouble throwing away things. I have shoes from 20-25 years ago (I have the origianl "earth shoes" ) and no matter how unlikely I am to ever wear aything again, I can't throw it away (or give it away). On the rare occ I do throw somehting away, it always turns out that it comes back in style or I could have finally used it.

I have intrusive thoughts regarding the things elders, parents, and other jws have said to me. It makes life miserable.

I have been in therapy for some time, but this is very hard to cure, OCD.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit