Do you struggle with some level of OCD?

by Billygoat 52 Replies latest watchtower medical

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

My nail biting.

If I try to stop I have anxiety attacks.

I bite them till they bleed and when there is nothing left I start on the skin.

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

My husband has OCD.

• He organizes all the money in his wallet by serial number
    • Color coordinates the clothes in his closet
    • Can't eat any food that is touching other food
    • Constantly counts things and looks for patterns

He does a pretty good job of playing it off though. If you met him you'd never realize he was like that.

• Highlander
    Highlander

Wow 'stilla'

I'm the same with my nails. I've been chewing them since I was about 5 years old. I honestly think anxiety had a lot to do with it, as I remember only chewing

them when I was at the hall. Now I chew them all the time, especially when I'm stressed. Yeah, that's it,, I'll blame it on the watchtower! :)

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

I bite my nails really bad too. I'm sure it has something to do with my anxiety disorder. My doctor recently put me on Effexor which seems to be working pretty good. I also have noticed that getting a regular manicure is a good deterrent to nail biting.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

You know Andi, I used to struggle with everything. I had so many things to keep in order. Now that I have my plate so full I cannot see straight, well I have learned to let it go. There will be time enough to organize when the kids leave or when I am older. I try to organize now, but keeping up with three and myself, well it is near impossible. So to keep my sanity, I have to close my eyes a bit.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Sounds like a plan Hellrider!

Yeah, that's it,, I'll blame it on the watchtower! :)

Although my mother has been so disgusted with my nail biting (they are pretty bad what with me peeling the skin and dried up blood and all) that she actually has said I'm "allowing satan to fester in my heart."

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

My doctor recently put me on Effexor which seems to be working pretty good

What kind of medication is this Saorise?

By the way...love the new avater prophecor. Brother, when are ya finally gonna make up your mind!?

• prophecor
    prophecor
    By the way...love the new avatar prophecor. Brother, when are ya finally gonna make up your mind!?

STELLLLAAAAA!!!!!!!!! I can't make up my mind, dear. I lost it, years ago. In fact, that was my capital crime in the Watchtower, I was guilty of never being able to make up my mind. The flips are an effort to confuse the enemy, Theocratic warfare, dontcha' know. Never let em' see you coming.

• stillAwitness
  • misspeaches
    misspeaches
    I can't make up my mind, dear

Now don't you go conforming like the rest of us will you. I enjoy seeing what avatar you are going to come up with next!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit