Is There ANYTHING Good About Jehovah's Witnesses?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Yes, there is good but that good comes at too heavy a price!

Let's look at racial and ethnic prejudice. Yes, there have been many examples of Witnesses avoiding this in the midst of the world,

but let's fairly compare this with the dramatic achievements of peace and amity in the world!

We don't often realize what an AMAZING SUCCESS the CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT in the US has been. When I was a child,

'black ' people on TV commercials were unheard of. The notion of having a 'black' or female boss at work was unthinkable.

Apartheid in South Africa seemed permanent. All this changed!

I believe that, one day, Israel and the Palestinians will do business with each other. I note that much of the Irish 'troubles'

are past - and "Red" China now EXPORTS FOOD!

Here's the main point:

I don't see any achievement that the organization can claim that can't be EXCEEDED BY THE WORLD!

Indeed, someone called this sort of "Christian" religion, "Abandonment Theology" - in which you withdraw from the world

to maintain a dubious moral "purity" - which we know, usually involves covering up scandals and refusing to cooperate

with scientific surveys ( what the KM said) so as to evaluate what these cultish religions really are.

You might make an arguement that Jehovah's Witnesses do a lot of good in the violent and corrupt Third World

but I question just how much benefit they bring over the efforts of other religions. Example: it is said that JW's "love"

each other, so they don't kill each other. However, this is nonsense. Obedience to cultish commands can have little to do

with any real love felt - and JW's often come up short in charity and goodness manifested towards each other, as many on this

board have experienced. I won't kill you today but that's about as far as it goes. Anytime the Awake digs up the slightest hint

of Witnesses charity, they "blow a trumpet ahead" of themselves to hypocritically advertise this rarity.

metatron

• slugga
    slugga

nasty people were saying i had a giant sperm on my t'shirt though

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/105974/1.ashx

• PaNiCAtTaCk
    PaNiCAtTaCk

Im kinda shocked to see so many here that were unhappy. I was always happy and so was my family. After all, we thought we were doing what Jehovah wanted of us. I have belonged to 4 different congregations and one out of the three were exceptionally loving and strong, the other three seemed to be ruled by large families and were harsh or judgemental. I guess it depends on the congregation each of us individually had experience with and the time frame.

I have personally never seen or experienced any type of racism in the witnesses. Ive stayed with black families on several occasions at quick builds or during a hurricane rebuilds and was always made to feel welcome and part of the family.

I have really good memories of the congregation I grew up in. It was the late 70's early 80's and I remember awesome get-togethers and skating parties! The congregation was so very close and loving. People got together almost weekly and we really felt like we had something special. Sadly, this congregation is just like the others now, Judgemental and cold. I think the thing that kept so many together and close was the urgency of the times. We all felt like any minute the big A was coming. The other three congregations I belonged to were later on the urgency of the witnesses had started cooling off. I remember in my second congregation the Circuit Overseer saying "This is the most unloving congregation Ive ever been to". He said that from the platform. It was funny because after the meeting that Thursday everyone was acting like they were best friends talking and hugging each other. It was like 10:00 before everyone started leaving.

I think there are some wonderful loving witnesses still out there. I think in most cases the loving ones are the long timers that have been around for many years. My parents fit in to this category. They send lots of money to helping witnesses in New Orleans almost weekly. They are loving and non-judgmental and always helping others. To bad its usually individual witnesses like this that do the most and NOT the organization. I fear that my parents will end up "under the gun" for there continued association with me.

I think most witnesses are usually fairly honest people when trying to make a witness to worldly people. Its usually when they are doing business with each other that they turn into lying and stealing bastards:) Hence, all the "Awake" magazines warning brothers against business dealings:)

• PaNiCAtTaCk
    PaNiCAtTaCk
    which we know, usually involves covering up scandals and refusing to cooperate

with scientific surveys ( what the KM said) so as to evaluate what these cultish religions really are.

What is the Quote your referring to please? thanks in advance!

• Think
    Think

Is there anything good about devil ? What can be good about evilempiretower? Because they quote bible? Devil quote the bible also.

Most of the people in the rapetower are blinded, so I feel sorry for them. They are good people and they believe from all the heart, that they do what God want them to do. They are so close to the devil , that they forget , that the Satan himself pretend to be the angel of light.

How can "holy org" rape their own children by their own elders fathers for decades for ten on thousand of them, and then cover up everything, and protect the rapists, and then d/s the children and the parents if they dare to defend their own children from the wolfes in sheep skin ????

• meems101
    meems101

so true Think. i never realized until recently how much covering up there is that goes on. always knew things were going on and there was also preferential treatment depending upon who you were.

• greendawn
    greendawn

The point is that the harm they do outweighs the good they do so much it is hard to think that they are doing any good at all. In other words the world is much better off without them.

• Kaput
    Kaput
    I think there are some wonderful loving witnesses still out there. I think in most cases the loving ones are the long timers that have been around for many years. My parents fit in to this category. They send lots of money to helping witnesses in New Orleans almost weekly. They are loving and non-judgmental and always helping others. To bad its usually individual witnesses like this that do the most and NOT the organization. I fear that my parents will end up "under the gun" for there continued association with me.

I think your last sentence here pretty much sums up how "loving" JWs really are. The relationships within the religion are all conditional upon whether or not you are a member. That's the rule for EVERYONE...parents, children, grandparents, etc. No exceptions. Any serious disagreement with the "powers that be" and you're out the door in a New York minute. The "love" is only for brothers & sisters in the faith. Tell some of your relatives or "close" friends in the congregation that you disagree with what the FDS says and you'll soon be wondering, "where's the love?" The problem with the R&F is they've allowed the shepherds to become "masters of their faith" and, really, that's what it's all about. If most JWs suddenly came to their senses and walked, that's the end of a publishing empire and a long-time experiment in mind control...something truly fit for Ripley's Believe It or Not.

• Sentient
    Sentient

PaNiCkAtTaCk, What kaput said. Also, ever notice that the more sincere a person is on the sincereness and nonjudgment scale, the less they follow the official rules made by the WTBTS? It's like they're in the wrong group. The more you look into it the more you see that the real glue holding the Org together is not love but judgment, discipline and control. Without those things it would have naturally dismantled on its own long ago. Keep learning, you're in for a rOlLeRcOaStEr RiDe.

• PaNiCAtTaCk
    PaNiCAtTaCk

seteint,
    IM not taking up for the Watchtower in any way. IM just saying that there are a few genuine people in there midst. I feel the same about any religion. They all have some good people. I agree that 99 percent of there love for each other is based on performance as a Witness. I will never go back to the org because I feel they are spreading lies at the door. Your right it has been a rollercoaster ride and i think its almost done. They came to my house 2 weeks ago and asked me to come before a body of Elders. I told them no and that I would never be back. They said bye and walked away. I maybe dFED by now, i just dont know. Thanks for responding

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit