Is There ANYTHING Good About Jehovah's Witnesses?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Anything????

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

hmmmm...

• lucifer
    lucifer

*silence fills the air* nope

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

They teach a brother/sisterhood and they do well at erasing racial prejudice in the minds of indiviual JW's. That brother/sisterhood still exists here among those of us who have left either mentally or physically.

• lucifer
    lucifer

as individual people I could think of some, but as a group it is definetly harder

• Kaput
    Kaput

They're good at brainwashing.

• prophecor
    prophecor
    They teach a brother/sisterhood and they do well at erasing racial prejudice in the minds of indiviual JW's. That brother/sisterhood still exists here among those of us who have left either mentally or physically.

That's so true, Heather. I was just thinking this afternoon, how even though I've only met many of you from a far, I feel I could trust most of you with my lives, within virtually any given situation. I know that from where we've come, in spite of its poisons, we are the aftermath of that establishment and there is even more of that aspect of un-conditional love and support, right here amongst ourselves. Yes, good things can come from the worst of situations. Even having been JW

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

see they have a few strong points, like their brotherhood thing that was mentioned already... theres also the whole nice life thing, you know everyone is so brainwashed, that they think theyre happy... but the thing is, its not so special, they think they are the only ones to give this, but it isnt true at all... many ppl find this out of the cult... so, yeah they have strong points, but only strong points that are stolen from other ppl and other religions... (does that make sense?)

the infamous one

• Saoirse
    Saoirse
    they do well at erasing racial prejudice in the minds of indiviual JW's.

I guess they try but I saw and heard many incidents of racism when I was a JW. And the congregations in my area seemed to be divided into white halls and black halls. My husband was telling me that he knew some old-timers that changed congregations because they didn't want to go to a hall with blacks.

The church I attend now is far more diverse than any kingdom hall I ever attended.

• prophecor
    prophecor
    My husband was telling me that he knew some old-timers that changed congregations because they didn't want to go to a hall with blacks.

Now Saoirse, you knows we can be rather difficult folx, we are after all part of the cannanite community

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit