Question for JWs still on the "inside":

by Hellrider 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dune
    Dune

Its easier for some people more so than others. I just need to clear up a few loose pages before i leave.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    I won't go easy - I'll say what I think

There's not much mention of the 'victims to be' in these three pages.

That`s right, Paduan. Not many have mentioned that, I know I have. I realize that it must be extremely hard for some to leave, but think about this: If you both buy/pay for the mags and books (that`s the way it`s done, isn`t it? The publishers pay for the mags, and then distribute them, but the are free at the doors?) and deliver them at the doors, you are doing the GB-members two favors at once: First, you are contributing financially to some arrogant GB-prick so he can continue have his private little Beth Sarim somewhere in New Jersey, where he has a pool and a sweet little pioner chick he privately refers to as sister Cleavage. Second, you are contributing in bringing in new workhorses to ensure that mister GB-prick can continue with his little spiritually-guided biz also in the future.

Not a pretty picture, is it.

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

first of all thanks for those welcomes and a big ol' howdy from us.

to those who are shocked and dismayed that some are still leaving the magazines, i notice that at one time all of you left magazines also. isn't that what you are really shocked and dismayed over? that you may be responsible for some poor, naive, innocent person who found one of your magazines and it started them down that long slippery slope to slavery? as i said before we have all been abused, and i might add that since we are "imperfect people"(i wish i knew how to do that little tm thingie) we have all abused others. the point to being in a place like this is to stop being abused. to stop abusing. and to try to help others who in the end are pretty much in the same situation we are in, have been in, or will be in. in the origional post to this thread hellrider said he was curious as to whether we felt like hypocrites for continuing. the answer for me is no. there have been many suggestions in this thread as to handling the situation some of us find ourselves in. our method, try to take as few magazines as we can and return as many as we can. i don't think there is anything wrong with destroying them, but they don't really care what you do with them. if you give them back when they ask if anyone has any extras or old issues then they have to mess with them. the only way i would feel like a hypocrite is if i begin to abuse my fellow slaves once i am no longer in their situation.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Fortunately I have a wife who doesnt really care for field service even though she wont verbally admit it. So I always seem to convince her for us to just go as a family then we do a few houses, I pretend to push the doorbell in, then I suggest we go get coffee and the just do some calls or drop some mags off at a bus stop or something. Usually this ploy works most of time however if I am with someone else I do calls that I know wont be home. I havent had to "preach the good news" to someone in several months so I am doing ok.

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway

I used to call on RV's that i knew weren't home even when i was a bible thumping pioneer. We also did star witnessing. We would start our time near the hall then drive to the other end of the territory and do another call, then go to break on the other end of the territory. (repeat all day.) With a big territory you maybe do 2-3 calls. I haven't been out recently. Probably not for 6 months. Wife still goes out once a month or so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit