Question for JWs still on the "inside":

by Hellrider 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Stilla: You say you only “place” magasines...ok, how? Just leave them at the door, when there`s noone home ? I bet you do, you ring that doorbell and when noone opens, you just sigh in relief that you don`t have to go thru the whole introduction and your own little script “have you ever wondered what God has in store for humanity as a whole? Then let me show you this little pamphlet...God has promised us that sometime in the future blah blah blah”, so you can just drop off the mag at the doorstep and walk on (hope you have a sense of humour about this, I don`t mean to be mocking you or anything, we`ve all been there ). But consider this: What if someone picks up that magazine and actually reads it? And lets say this person is searching, naive, in a difficult situation, a desperate state, newly divorced, looking for a meaning in life (this is really a description of my mother when she found “the truth”), and then, the next time some unsuspecting “brother” rings her doorbell, she not only asks him in, she wants to have a Bible study and all, and whooops, 6 months later this person is a baptised published. And then she meets a new man, a faithful and devoted young pioneer/MS, and they have children who have their entire childhoods ruined by this idiotic religion (along with the womans children from her first marriage, and of course, the father of these children has to go thru hell to even just see his kids, and when he occasionally gets to see them, she has filled them with some paranoid crap about him being one of “Satans world” and that he is going to be destroyed in Armageddon, etc...you know how fanatic those that “find the truth” in adult age can be). See where I`m going? The point is: Every little (although innocent-looking enough) WT and Awake are really small drops of venom. Or small drops of ...viruses. And they have the potential to “open up the door” for even more venom, more viruses (in fact, the Awakes are a bit like HIV, I think). They have, each and every little magazine, the potential to cause tremendous amounts of harm and pain, in that they are able to initiate a chain reaction of events. So can I make a suggestion? The mags are allready paid for, and they`re free at the doors, right? So why “place them” at all? Make sure you go out alone. Drop the mags in the nearest dumpster, then go to a cafè and enjoy yourself with a good book, a sandwich and some cocoa. If you, occasionally have to go out with a very “faithful brother”, perhaps you should make not of the houses where they actually accept the magazines, and then go back to do some anti-witnessing later on? The point is (and as much as I hate to be “giving a speech” or raising a finger of morality or whatever, I have to say this): Every little “placed mag” is something that can have consequenses, and the consequenses lay on the shoulders of the person who placed them. Sorry if this adds to the burdens you are allready carrying, by being trapped in “the truth”.

Those magazines should be used for what they were always meant for: wrapping up fish (only works with smaller fish, such as trout, they`re to small for, oh, say a big old cod), defrosting shrimps (frosen shrimps defrosts three times as fast when laid on a paper of the same kind as WTs, Awakes and newspapers), and for lighting up in the owen with. There might also be some other practical uses for them that I don`t know of, but they should certainly not be read by anyone.

Well I suppose you have a point here Hellrider. But what choice do I have? If I start missing service then the Gestapo will soon be knocking on my door. Very rarely do I actually place magazines. Like I mentioned later they usually end up in the trash at the end of each month. As far as the ones I do place-well I never make "return visits" and if by some random chance the person seeks out interest to the point of tracking down the elders-well its out of my hands by then..

I like to think of it as....sect survival warfare.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Oh Stillawitness, that post was directed to StillaJwexelder, not you, lol. I hadn`t thought of the fact that there are two of you who has "stilla" as short-form of their nick. But if the post worked for you too, then by all means, lol.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    how do you cope with going door to door?

I work with the right people. The people who get so entwined in your conversation, they get pissed when someone comes to the door.

I always have something to do. I call on an 85+ year old man, and Often, I leave service early to go see him. We talk about politics, the weather, hunting, the good ole days, and really everything but the Magazines. When it comes down to the magazines, the last few times I've gone out in service, in permanent marker I scrawled www.REEXAMINE.org on the fist page. makes me feel good.

Oh, and long breaks. God I take long breaks!

• undercover
    undercover

I haven't been in service in years...and I don't plan on ever going back either.

I remember when I was asked to hand out flyers to everyone on my street for a neighborhood block party. I agreed knowing that this truly was 'good news' that my neighbors could use but as I walked up the first walk at the first house, I had a minor panic attack. Even though I knew it was stupid, years of going door to door flooded back from my recessed memory and I was scared to go to the door. I forced myself and it got better and easier after each house. It was good to face the demons and beat them into submission.

I feel for you guys who know its all BS but yet continue to put up the facade. Its bad enough to try to fade away and be thought of as 'weak' or 'worldly' but to actually go door to door and pretend to be something you've come to dislike and distrust has to be a very, very difficult thing to not only carry out but to deal with spiritually and emotionally.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

BTW -welcome just2sheep

• jojochan
    jojochan

It's pretty simple...I don't go out. My folks know it and just thinks I work all the time, which I do. In the beginning though, I would purposly work on saturdays all the time. And since I worked 13 hours a day it worked out, plus I had extra cash to burn. Then it progressed to tuesdays and thursdays that I would find a way to escape the collective gatherings. Before long I dissapeared...but in my slow fade process I would show up once, maybe twice a month on a sunday. Then it all hits me as to why I MUST escape.

jojochan.. the prisoner.

• jojochan
    jojochan

Welcome just2sheep!

And oh yeah... welcome to the forum.

jojochan.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    It's hard enough for them without other self righteous know alls telling them what they should or should not be doing

Thank you yesidid,

It is very hard. I am playing the role for my aged parents. It takes a lot of intestinal fortitude to put up with the crap at the meetings and to go door to door.

I applaud those of you that have been able to cut apron strings from mother. It is my hope that I will be able to do it.

In the meantime please go light on me and others on this board that have not yet cut ties completely.

wanna

• jgnat
    jgnat

We all can do it our own way, like Frank Sinatra. Three cheers for variety!

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I won't go easy - I'll say what I think

There's not much mention of the 'victims to be' in these three pages.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit