Question for JWs still on the "inside":

by Hellrider 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kid-A
    kid-A

If that is a Watchtower and Awake fine.

No. Its not fine. These magazines are so removed from any semblance of the original message of christ to be laughable. Worse, you are contributing to the profit margin of a cultic book publishing corporation responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent children. Talk about god all you want. As soon as you are distributing watchtower garbage and propaganda, all you are doing is recruitment work for a cult.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Jah1914,

Do you say the following with other JWs present:

Personally I use the bible mainly and speak the truth. When I go out in service, if some asks if the witnesses are the true relgion. I tell them the truth, no, but there probably are some true christian in the organization. If they ask about pedophiles(and some have). I tell them the truth(that is possible that all those things are going on). I tell them that 1914 seems wrong to me as well as 144,000(with people around), but that doctrine is not the important thing.

There are JWs who have been df'd for saying they don't believe the WTS doctrine around 1914. That would be considered an apostate view because JWs are supposed to accept all teachings.

I agree with you that our relationship with God and our daily conduct is most important, and doctrine isn't. I just don't know how you can say these things without consequence.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Jah1914...

Leading people to Jesus is a Christian responsibility. Period....you should be free to use whatever tool that you personally decide will help you to do that.If that is a Watchtower and Awake fine. Sometimes I use other non-JW religious literature at the door.

?? If that works for you, fine, but if the GB knew this, you`d be DFed faster than you could say "1914".

When I go out in service, if some asks if the witnesses are the true relgion. I tell them the truth, no, but there probably are some true christian in the organization.

Same as above.

I tell them that 1914 seems wrong to me as well as 144,000(with people around), but that doctrine is not the important thing.

Same as above. Doctrine is not the important thing? I agree with you that when it comes to "details", doctrine is not important. But when it comes to the essence of christianity, yes, it is a big deal! And the essence of christianity (a life in Christ, a personal relationship with Christ, love, compassion), is as far from the JW-religion as you could get. But I do agree with you, there might be some "true christians" in the JW-religion. There was one elder (just one) in the congregation I was raised in that was a decent guy. A non-judgemental, caring, respectful person. I could go along with callig him a christian ( just a bit confused, replacing the word "Christ" with "Jehovah", etc).

The bottom-line is that if we believe in God and the bible, than we know that God is going to deal with us individually and so that is all I try to get them to focus on

No, God is, according to the WTS, not going to deal with people individually. He is going to deal with JWs (!!!) individually. The rest (all non-JWs alive when A comes) are long since out of the picture. They`re allready dead, for refusing to accept the WTS`s message. So no, God is not going to deal with people idividually. 99.99% of the people of the planet will be (according to the WTS) massacred on the spot. After that, there`s only the JWs left. And they will be judged individually.

Their relationship with God. Does anything else really even matter?

?? Jehovahs Witnesses have, according to their own doctrine, no relationship with God. Only the FDS do, because Jesus Christ is mediator for them, and only them. The great crowd have to go thru/via the FDS in their communication with God. So, pr definition, 99.9% of all JWs have no relationship, neither any possibility of a relationship, with God. They only have a relationship with the FDS.

But in the final anaylis I'm left with what does any of those doctrines have to do with my relationship with Jesus.

If you consider yourself as someone who has a personal relationship with Jesus, then you are either: A) An annointed JW. or B) Not a JW, but a real christian. I have a hunch you are B)...(as A doesn`t even exist...).

Jah, you are not a JW, and I think you`re going to have to face this sooner or later. You are not a JW, you are a christian. And you sound like a very good christian too, a person who has love, and cares for others. You are a christian. Stop being the WTS`s unpaid publisher, for spredding their sick message and their corrupted version of the Bible. You are better than that.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Don't be quick to judge me, my whole family is in this damn religion. My wife lets me have these feelings, and post on this board..... but I still have to put up the facade.

I don't push any magazine, and I wish that the laundromat operator trows away the mags.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

For those that have had a hard time leaving, it is understandable. When I walked away I lost all my family, and any friends that I had since childhood.

For those that leave mags in the laundermat....I am the person that stops at he laundermat, hospital, rest stops and throws them in the trash any chance I get. So it all works out.

Leslie

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I pray that you may throw out my mags at the laundromat. I don't contribute anyway. Not one single penny in 6-8 years???

• flyphisher
    flyphisher

hellrider

No, God is, according to the WTS, not going to deal with people individually. He is going to deal with JWs (!!!) individually. The rest (all non-JWs alive when A comes) are long since out of the picture. They`re allready dead, for refusing to accept the WTS`s message. So no, God is not going to deal with people idividually. 99.99% of the people of the planet will be (according to the WTS) massacred on the spot. After that, there`s only the JWs left. And they will be judged individually.

Would you really say there are people so narrow-minded to believe this nonsense word by word? I personally dont know someone.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

flyphisher:

hellrider
    Would you really say there are people so narrow-minded to believe this nonsense word by word? I personally dont know someone.

Most Jws don`t even know that according to WTS-doctrine, Jesus is not their mediator (not mediator for the great crowd). So no, you are right, they don`t believe this word for word. As for Armageddon: JWs have two versions of "the truth" on this: One for JWs and those allready on the "inside", and one for the rest of the world. The first version is that only JWs will survive Armageddon. The second version is "well, we don`t know who Jehovah will choose to save, that is up to him". And yes, sometimes, when the individual JW sees how horrible the "real" truth is, that the WTS teaches that all people except JWs are going to be killed, and they have their personal little Crisis of Conscience, yes, then they will even resort to actually believing the second version (as opposed to having it/using it only for pr-purposes, or when confronted with "apostates"). But this only goes for JWs who still have a heart and a consciense. The rest sees no problems in the first version I don`t know how the situation is now, but when I was growing up, there was no doubt in my mind what we, and all the people in my congregation, believed. We all believed in version number 1.

• flyphisher
    flyphisher

hellrider

But I do agree with you, there might be some "true christians" in the JW-religion. There was one elder (just one) in the congregation I was raised in that was a decent guy. A non-judgemental, caring, respectful person. I could go along with callig him a christian ( just a bit confused, replacing the word "Christ" with "Jehovah", etc).

I am a "minimal-configured JW";-) 1- 2 hours per month max.

I try to be such a person you mentioned. In the rare hours when I do door-to-door-service, I often help old people if they have got problems (financial, or health care). IMO this is just the right christian service.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

It's disturbing to hear of people leaving magazines, or telling them the "true bits"

If you have to buy the magazines why not burn them

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit