Richie: Taken in the Back...

by RichieRich 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Texas Apostate
    Texas Apostate
    Re: Richie: Taken in the Back...

I'm so glad I double checked the title.

I thought there was an "it" somewhere in there.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Although the body of elders might not appreciate your firm stand on education, you can bet your ass that the other kids in the congregation do appreciate it. You are giving them amunition and helping them find some backbone.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Way to go Ritchie.

btw I thought this thread title was gonna be a sequel to the one by PMJ about homosexuality

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    Re: Richie: Taken in the Back...

Yup, I did that on purpose. Figured I'd let joelbear have a little fun with it... It is Friday after all.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Well.....with that fine "spiritual" counsel from the annointed holy ones, "It" wasn't far from it.

• tweety
    tweety

RR - When I read your post 'taken in the back' I thought, oh no 'it's counsel time!'

"But Richie, the reason we found it necessary to speak with you tonight is that your expressions of plans to attend college might be swaying some in the congregation. Several parents have been trying very hard to encourage their sons and daughters to regular pioneer once they finish school, but apparently, your firm stance about attending college, which we respect, might not be exactly encouraging to your young brothers and sisters.

What are they going to do to you if you do start to talk about it to other? Your next post will read 'Taken in the back AGAIN !!! '

Good for you...keep up the good work! haaa

tweety

• ?me?
    ?me?

.... now you can make them mad by NOT talking about your firm plans for college,but TALKING about the elders "strongly suggesting" that you not talk about som.ething that is NOT bad, illegal, or non spiritual. i would think that would stumble more people than the college thing , to hear that you were being pressured about something that "so and so" did(insert elder's kid or fine young witness that went to college)

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    The elder body would really appreciate it if you were, uh, not so , uh, vocal about your plans.

Heaven forbid that someone should present young ones™ with an alternative to stupidity.

W

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

to be continued................................................

• Dune
    Dune

Wish they were vocal like that in my congregation. Everyone hates the fact that i'm going to college, but wont outright say it. So tired of posers...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit