SO MAD, HURT, Crying at WORK

by unique1 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    But is it showing love by overlooking serious wrongdoing? Are we being loving if we tell our brother we have seen them in an act that is contrary to Jehovah’s way? Does Jehovah love blindly? Are there conditions to remain in Jehovah’s love? Is there such a thing as unconditional love? Does love have boundaries, guidelines, values, morals, sacrifice?

1 Corinthians 13

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Apparently your mother does not accept what the apostle Paul said. My parents were very similar. I have not spoken with them since 1992. In all candor, I do not miss them, nor anything about them. There are those people who are so toxic that to spend any time with them is harmful. I mean no disrespect, but I do understand what you're feeling. Just realize the hatefulness is not about you. It's about her. You have done nothing wrong. You're going to be okay.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Mother's day is coming up. Why don't you think of something really nice to do for Balsam?

My mother is a master manipulator. One reason I am inoculated from the JW's effects is because of her. Really, don't get sucked in to the emotional game. Responding in any way, even with tears or anger, feeds her. She has to stop being the center of your universe. After what she's pulled the last few days, she needs to get a reality check. She's replaceable.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Unique1,

Your mom is a nut case, she makes it sound like your were out screwing in public with a gorilla. Shame on her. All you've done is question the governing bodies right to make rules for you as Christian about who you can associate with. She makes it sound like you violated the bible, not the JW screwed up religion. She is so blinded by the rules of the JW's that she imagines they represent God which is pure rubbish. I know your Mom well she is a nut case. Hey send her this post as a response. LOL

Balsam

• greendawn
    greendawn

What a criminal organisation, how much suffering they have been causing with their manipulative lies, yet they will not pack it in. They won't even leave the parent-child bond alone.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

((((((unique1))))))

Sorry you have to go through this. I know what you are feeling, I went through something similar with my mom.

BB

• TheListener
    TheListener

I'm sorry that things are so dificult right now unique1. This doesn't make it easier, but please know that others have gone through this and made it.

When I first embarked on my journey out of the truth a good friend said this to me:

You're about to step out onto a road of self-discovery. It's a road that can get very lonely. Those who have known you the longest will be the most threatened and upset by your travels. Be strong, be courageous and be true to yourself. As you travel this road you will find others who are searching as well. Befriend them, console them and they will be of a benefit to you. There will be times when the road you're walking on will be very very lonely. There will be no one but yourself on it. Take advantage of these times to search within yourself for what you believe, what you feel and how you want the world to know you. Roads like these never end but in time they can become more comfortable.

Good luck. I know many many here are thinking about your situation and wish we could help. Obviously we can't all physically help but we can keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Again, good luck.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Unique1

You're handling it better than I am. My Mum, brother and sisters are in the process of cutting me off too. I've felt sick since Christmas, rage, fury, despair, guilt, frustration, more rage... Unlike you I tend to bottle it up though - not good I know. That's why this is the first post I've made here in over 6 weeks, I just couldn't be arsed with anything.

Hang in there and know you are with friends who care for you. With all that Ian (Dansk) is going through he still found time to ask how I was - these are my kind of people!

Love,

Nic'

• rebel8
    rebel8
    I'd block them all.

Me too. I'd also sign them all up for free Books of Mormon and home visits from the Mormons. (That was not a joke.)

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956
    You're about to step out onto a road of self-discovery. It's a road that can get very lonely. Those who have known you the longest will be the most threatened and upset by your travels. Be strong, be courageous and be true to yourself. As you travel this road you will find others who are searching as well. Befriend them, console them and they will be of a benefit to you. There will be times when the road you're walking on will be very very lonely. There will be no one but yourself on it. Take advantage of these times to search within yourself for what you believe, what you feel and how you want the world to know you. Roads like these never end but in time they can become more comfortable.

The Listener, This is awesome.

Unique I'm sorry you have to go through this hateful episode with your mom. As with all abuse, you as the abused are not responsible for her actions. She is a sick individual, she feels threatened and frightened for you (trying to see the bright side), I would imagine, anyway. But that doesn't excuse this behavior.

I think witnesses react to someone leaving (at least some of them) like a person would react to a voodoo spell or a curse. If you don't believe in it, its harmless, but to the person convinced of the impending harm (armeggedon) it can cause reactions that a normal, rational person would not experience.

I have parents like this too, so I feel you. Best thing they ever did for me was to shun me, my life has been SO much better.

Sherry

She's wrong, but she's still your mom, so try to tread lightly and respect her feelings regardless of how irrational they might be. One day, she won't be there for you at all, so try and make the best of the time you do have with her. That day may come sooner than you expect.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit