SO MAD, HURT, Crying at WORK

by unique1 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Unique 1 I just had the dubious pleasure of reading your mothers sanctimonious response. Jgnat has the best advice really - adopt a new one from the neglected multitudes at the old folks homes as soon as you feel able to move on from grieving.

I last saw my mum when i was 22 - I am constantly terrified of turning into her and I do miss her but she has chosen to worship a printing company over seeing me. Its not her fault - she's brain washed like I was. I wish I had known all that when I was 16 and disfellowshipped first time round - it would have made my whole life so much easier to bear to have the information I have now 15 years ago. Make the most of what you know from here - its not personal and use your anger productively to fight against the Borg any opportunity you get. Whenever I'm at a dinner party now and meet new people who ask about me then I give them a brief run down of my flawed upbringing and indoctrination as an anti witness against JWs. It helps heal.

Hugs - I am so angry that JW mothers behave like this.

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

This is my first post and I am very nervious kind of stupid I know but any way here it goes

You’re a good person and courageous I wish I could have the strength you and your husband have but for personal reasons I just can’t right now. That having been said hang in there kiddo everything will be fine in the end lots of people are pulling for you.

• TheListener
    TheListener

welcome leftbelow. Being nervous is understandable. I think your first post was very nice. It's always nice when we show support to fellow humans in need.

I hope you continue to post and begin to relax as well.

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

I feel so bad for you. It always hurts when your parents threaten shunning. It's just so wrong and un-human like.

Sometimes reverse shunning works. I've had to do it on two occasions. The last time was last summer when I flew her out to visit me on my own dime. It was her first time on a plane. Her first night here I held a cocktail party at my friends house up in the hills with my closest friends. She had a great time. The next morning on our way out the door to go siteseeing, I guess she was feeling guilty about associating with "wordly" sodomites and she said that "I really need to do something about my life" and "she shouldn't even by talking with me". I just gave her an evil look as we got in the car. The whole ride she kept apologizing and asking me to say something. I drove to the airport, stopped infront of her terminal and said "what you said was so completely rude and unappreciative of what i've done. the next time you do that, you're back on the plane" Totally fixed the problem.

• TallTexan
    TallTexan
    I know this might not be a great idea; just wanted you to know that many here have your back.

I second that.

Also, since in the last sentence she ask for 'scriptural findings' to back this up, I'd go to town. If you want some research material help, get "In Search of Christian Freedom" and use some of the thoughts Ray put in there. Or there are plenty of folks here who I'm sure would be glad to help get you some scriptural backing on why df'ing is unscriptural.

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

{{{{{unique1}}}}}

• DaveNwisconsin
    DaveNwisconsin

it is a shame to have parents act this way, they should know that it is you that will pick there nursing home in the long run

• kmprb0314
    kmprb0314

I am so sorry to know that you are going through this. I went through the same kind of thing with my mom. All I can tell you is stick to your "guns" on this. Let her know that you will not accept this kind of treatment from her anymore and if she wants the priviledge of calling you her child, she needs to stop acting like that.

I wish that I'd been older when I went through my DF'ing and had to deal with my mom. Know that there are many here that care about you and know what you are going through, so stay in touch. I know your pain and wish that I could do more. I can tell you that you have friends here and we are here for you. I can also tell you that my mom and I are now close and have a wonderful relationship. She is not a j-w any more either. Her eyes were opened and she got herself out of the borg within a few years after me. So keep being who you are and in the end, it may be just that, that will help your mom turn it around and get her head out of her lower orifice.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    It's emotional blackmail, pure and simple.

It sure is. After being emotionally trampled on by the Witchtower Sassiety and then verbally punched in the stomach by my relatives (and "friends") that are still trapped within it....I have gained enough self-esteem back to put them ALL into the same rusty old pot.

They are TOXIC PEOPLE representing an unchristian and toxic organization, and what they have to "say" is no longer of any concern to me. I refuse to give them ANY attention and refuse to deal with them on any and every level. I spent 30 years in servitude to that evil and inhuman cult and want NOTHING to do wth anyone who thinks or acts as they do.

All this crap about how "God feels" and who "he approves" is made up from the presses of the Borg, and have no resemblance to the God that the rest of us (if any) worship. They have their own Watchtowergod that is petty, selfish and demanding and they (like him) have NO desire to see how very much they hurt others with THEIR demands that you be just like them or pay "the price".

Leave her in the dust until you get an apology for her unforgivable behavior. I have done this with my JW relatives and it has been EVER so much easier on me. We do NOT have to sit there and take whatever they decide to dish out....in the name of "love".

hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit