IT HAS BEGUN "BIG" NEWS ON AP NEWS WIRE

by DannyHaszard 402 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Calliope
    Calliope
    because of ambiguity in the Bible

i keep seeing this sentence over and over again.

the bible? ambiguous? nah... can't be.

and gregor, holy crap, you totally had me going there. "what, wits swearing in a released statement? This must truly be the end of the system."

• Mary
    Mary
    Gumbers said: We just had a ex Witness meeting here and so far we got three guesses to get early time recorded.
    1. Blood medical treatment guidelines change or go away.
    2. The donation arrangement goes away and charging for books and items comes back.
    3. Disfellowshipping and shunning changed or done away with. I'm betting on #1 and I'll put $20 bucks on it. Any takers?

Geeze Gumbaby.......looks like I might owe you 20 bucks after all. Will you take that in sexual favours Canadian dollars?

• garybuss
    garybuss

Another issue with the Jehovah's Witness's printed misrepresentation of medical facts as reasons for refusing prescribed blood medical treatment that I haven't seen addressed is this: That is the real possibility that a non-Witness, non-religious person may accept the Witness produced blood brochure's medical reasons to reject prescribed blood medical treatment and suffer damage.
    I may still be shadow boxing here.

• gumby
    gumby

I'll take the $20 in your first choice Mary

Gumby

• freedom96
    freedom96

Now THAT is GOOD NEWS!!!!!

• Sheri
    Sheri

Gregor,

Excellent!!

You are very clever, I was reading with glee and now at 1:14 AM I am LOL and tears running down my face that is just too funny will have to cut and paste this one to send to friends.

I've got to go to bed its late but what a good note to end the day on. Wish I could have given it to the car group I saw today.

It took them almost half hour to drive up to a return visit, eventually get out of car, knock on door, leave a note and drive off. You know how busy those Saturday morning service hours are preaching the good news to the entire earth.

Good Night (or morning)

Sheri

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

"transfusion confusion" Detroit news major newspaper,click link for comment box and add yours Jehovah's Witnesses to issue new blood directive Open this result in new window Detroit News - 3 minutes ago NEW YORK -- Jehovah's Witnesses are renowned for teaching that Jesus is not God and that the world as we know it will soon end. But another unusual belief causes even more entanglements -- namely, that God forbids blood transfusions even when lives are at stake. Jehovah's Witnesses to issue new blood directive The doctrine could create confusion about medical therapies using blood 'fractions.' Richard N. Ostling / Associated Press NEW YORK -- Jehovah's Witnesses are renowned for teaching that Jesus is not God and that the world as we know it will soon end. But another unusual belief causes even more entanglements -- namely, that God forbids blood transfusions even when lives are at stake. The doctrine's importance will be underscored this week as elders who lead more than 98,000 congregations worldwide recite a new five-page blood directive from headquarters. The tightly disciplined denomination believes the Bible forbids transfusions, although specifics have gradually been eased over the years. Raymond Franz, a defector from the all-powerful Governing Body that sets policies for the faith, thinks leaders hesitate to go further for fear that elimination of the ban would expose the organization to millions of dollars in legal liability over past medical cases. The Witnesses have opposed transfusions of whole blood since 1945. A later pronouncement barred transfusions of blood's "primary components," meaning red cells, white cells, platelets and plasma. An announcement in 2000 in the official Watchtower magazine, however, said that because of ambiguity in the Bible, individuals are free to decide about therapies using the biological compounds that make up the four blood components, such as gamma globulin and clotting factors that counteract hemophilia. The new directive could create confusion about these compounds, known as blood "fractions." Witnesses headquarters refused an Associated Press request to interview an expert on beliefs about blood. Instead, General Counsel Philip Brumley issued a prepared statement. "Any argument challenging the validity of this religious belief inappropriately trespasses into profoundly theological and doctrinal matters," Brumley said. Basis for belief

• At the core of Jehovah's Witnesses' blood beliefs, followers cite Acts 15:29, where Jesus' apostles agreed that Gentile converts should "keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood." The Witnesses also cite passages in Genesis and Leviticus.
  • Judaism and Christianity have always understood these Scriptures to ban blood-eating for nourishment. This underlies Judaism's kosher procedures to extract blood from meat, which Witnesses do not follow. Christianity eventually decided the rule was temporary.
  • DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Top ranked picks for millions to see when you google Jehovah's Witnesses outranks watchtower.borg

News results for jehovah's witnesses - View today's top stories

Jehovah's Witnesses transfusion ban under fire - Chicago Sun-Times - Jan 27, 2006

Jehovah's Witnesses: Watchtower Society Official Web Site
    Official web site of Watchtower Society, the legal organization in use by Jehovah's
    Witnesses. Authoritative source about beliefs, teachings, activities.
    www.watchtower.org/ - 17k - Jan 28, 2006 - Cached - Similar pages

• rebel8
    rebel8

Witnesses headquarters refused an Associated Press request to interview an expert on beliefs about blood. Instead, General Counsel Philip Brumley issued a prepared statement.

"Any argument challenging the validity of this religious belief inappropriately trespasses into profoundly theological and doctrinal matters," Brumley said.

Well they didn't refrain from trespassing into profoundly medical and scientific matters, did they? Anyway, is there a way we can see the entire statement issued by Mr. Brumley? Does anyone have access to it?

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Flunky hack General Counsel Philip Brumley who's dat guy? BUMBLING BRUMLEY GETS GOOGLE BOMBED alt You don't like what i say?Sue me-Danny Haszard Yankee doodle Danny went to cyber-land a-riding on his pony.. To, browse about the Ripoff cult, and find out what it's all a-bout.. He got in their face in cyber-space.....Rode his steed for those in need...........To show it's all re-cycled phony -baloney. What he found was not sound...... So Yankee doodle went right to town.... He didn't put on airs, he rode his mare, to cham-pion all that's just and fair. To- the- fore -the -Ivory- tower sent the legal whores ,but hold fast the under-lings could- not- last.......Let freedom ring for all the vic-tims of the ding-a-lings. Can't do the time don't do the crime.....When you cop a plea we will gloat with glee.....In a hurry to build a stone wall / won't lose face @ the kingdom hall.. Revenge is sweet, it's really neat...Apostate com-mo-tion, in lo-co-mo-tion we will scout - a - path to set free at last............ All those sheep,, bat-tered by the watchtower psychopaths........ To cast my pearls before the swine, never more will i give up the right's that's mine....Friends and foe,i now know....I'll keep right on a dy-na-mo....................................... They think it's fun, to eat their young........It' all that's fair in the-o-crat-ic war-fare.........But Dan the man is really cool at tainting the empaneled jury pool.. This fella is a gorilla,, goliath will be fel-ling....,,No books from crooks, nobody's buying what your sel-ling.................................... Yah'l come back now,,Ya hear ..... "I Take a licking and keep on ticking, ....... Satan's stalking,I keep on walking.."

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit