IT HAS BEGUN "BIG" NEWS ON AP NEWS WIRE

by DannyHaszard 402 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Collegegurl
    Collegegurl

WOW! I just went out and got my newspaper. I live in a small town and the newspaper usually just does local news. I couldn't believe it! The article was in there! If it's in my paper it has to be in most major newspapers. I have to admit, I didn't think the BIG NEWS was all that big, I'm glad I was wrong.

• oldflame
    oldflame

Big , big article in todays newspaper. It's about time someone said something publicly on this subject. I cannot see how any JW that reads the paper can miss this and I don't see how anyone would continue to be a JW after reading what was written. Finally some sanctification is coming to a head about that evil organisation....Yeah !!!!!!!!!

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Yippie

• Gregor
    Gregor

Came in at 5:50 pm EST!!!!

Associated Press

BROOKLYN, NY - In a brief written statement handed out to reporters this afternoon, Mr. Ted Jaracz, current president of the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society, better known to most as the Jehovah's Witnesses, made the following announcement concerning one of the organizations most high profile doctrines.

"Recent developments have been widely reported in the press concerning the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society's position on the issue of blood transfusions. These reports have caused me to take a hard look at our firmly held belief that such use of blood is expressly condemned by the Holy Scriptures. Over the last 60 years this belief as led to the loss of life for many faithful Witnesses and their loved ones. After prayerful considering the legal liabilities the Society is now exposed to, the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses has unanimously decided to repeal this doctrinal edict and hereafter leave the decision of wether or not to use blood in medical procedures to the conscience of the individual member. This in no way should be viewed as a fuck up by the Society. We sincerely apologize to those who might have been inconvienienced by this misunderstanding. We exhort all Jehovah's Witnesses to please, just "never mind" what we said in the past. We never said we were perfect."

Mr. Jaracz office has not returned our calls.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

GREGOR!!!! You stop that! You so had me going! I was almost going to pass out from the shock and joy! Then I read:

This in no way should be viewed as a fuck up by the Society.

LOL!

You are very bad!!

But funny.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Gregor, I almost spit out my Pepsi onto the computer! Cute. WIsh it were true.

• Mary
    Mary

I'm wondering if this is the "New Light" that we were talking about on the thread I posted several days ago. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/105983/1.ashx

The February 15th WT has a whole study article on "New Light". Garybuss was the first to suggest that something major was about to happen.......Hmmmmm.............very interesting..........I'd be shocked if they had an outright lifting of the ban, but they may change it to where you can now store your own blood..........

• gumby
    gumby

Gregor....you sick bastard! I'm glad I didn't call my dub wife in as I was half way through reading that and yellin....."OH YA BABY, COME AND READ THIS"!

Damn......it was a good thought though

Gumsucker

• gumby
    gumby

I'm wondering if this is the "New Light" that we were talking about on the thread I posted several days ago. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/105983/1.ashx

The February 15th WT has a whole study article on "New Light". Garybuss was the first to suggest that something major was about to happen.......Hmmmmm.............very interesting..........I'd be shocked if they had an outright lifting of the ban, but they may change it to where you can now store your own blood..........

And here's where I come in the picture in my post on that thread a few days ago

Post 12018 of 12128
    since 22-Jul-01

51 y 7 m 30 d

Gary's right on track. They always prep the flock before the slaughter.

Gary pointed out how changes are ALWAYS pre-ceeded by an article(s) that prepares the witness mind for the change. When problems result from the change......they have an article about it and use the "prep" article that pre-ceeded the change to remind them they werre already warned and counciled on HOW to make this adjustment and to listen to Jehovahs 'slave' when they speak.

We just had a ex Witness meeting here and so far we got three guesses to get early time recorded.

1. Blood medical treatment guidelines change or go away.

2. The donation arrangement goes away and charging for books and items comes back.

3. Disfellowshipping and shunning changed or done away with. 

I'm betting on #1 and I'll put $20 bucks on it. Any takers?

Gumby.....who wishes it was # 3

IP: 6vcBB0pBs1MxKwqP

Damn I'm good!

• garybuss
    garybuss

By addressing the 2006 blood letter TO the Witness people instead of TO the Body Of Elders like the 1995 blood letter was, may be a signal that responsibility for avoiding the "misuse of blood" is going to be up to the individual Witness. That's a short step from making it a conscience matter. Time will tell.
    I may be shadow boxing, but I think the letter TO the Congregations rather than TO the elders was done for a reason.
    The rather recent use of the phrase "misuse of blood" is interesting as well.

I still see three BIG areas of concern for the Watch Tower Corporation owners.
    1. Loss of willing, active members.
    2. Significant loss of funds due to the "donation arrangement".
    3. Legal and media exposure related to the blood guidelines.

I expect tweaking on all three of those subjects not in the very distant future. Say by midyear 2007.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit