Hard to deal with

by Coheedandcambria 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Coheedandcambria
    Coheedandcambria

Thats what my sister told me to do. Cuse I told her ive been really depressed. Idk. I want to, but then I never really think about it, and I just am kinda scared. Im not good at talking really, except to people that I dont know. Thats why im talking to you. I just.. idk. Im scared. Lol. I sound so pathetic.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I agree with the others - talk to your sister!

My brother was DF'd twice, and I still maintained a relationship with him, even sharing meals together. That was the best thing I could have done, because now he is sticking by me when I'm being shunned (BTW, I'm not DF/or DA, just shunned).

Being a teenager is a hard thing to go through, and it's even harder for a young JW, there are so many demands and pressures put on you during this time. Depression is common. Your sister will know what you are going through and may be able to help you. Keep up the communication between the two of you, continue emailing her, see if she can meet you somewhere in your city if transportation for you is a problem.

Maybe by you taking the lead and continuing your relationship with your sister, the rest of your family will see how wrong the whole shunning rule is.

BB

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Oh coheedandcambria, you're not pathetic at all. What you're feeling is a completely natural human response. You love your sister and you feel a sense of loss in not being able to speak with her.
    Wrap your arms across your chest and squeeze. Consider yourself hugged. ;)
    tall penguin

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I was raised a JW also, and I know how alone a person can feel in the congregation, especially with no one to talk to about things that are eating you up inside.

It helps so much to talk about it. Talking doesn't really fix the problem, mind you. But, it does help a lot to talk about what you are going through.

You can always talk here. You can PM me if you want if you don't want to post on the board sometimes. I do know what it is like.

Do talk to you your sister any time you can, because that is what is in your heart to do.

Things do get better.

Thinking of you,

-Lisa

• Coheedandcambria
    Coheedandcambria

Thank you.

I appreciate it.

I guess I just need to find a way to get into the next city to see her.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hello and welcome to the board, I am so glad to see you here.

I really feel for you, you are experiencing at a tender age just how divisive the jw religion can be. I have no doubt that your sister is missing you as much as you miss her, and there is no reason why you cannot have contact with her, whatever the elders say. She is close family, and it is allowed. If they dispute this, ask them to show you where it says you cannot contact her, I guarantee you they will not be able to answer you.

In the meantime, please stay with us on the board. You will find plenty of friendship and support on here.

love

Linda

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

What's pathetic is that a religion that claims to contain "the happiest people on earth" actually generates such fear among its members. You DON'T need to be afraid here, and you really don't need to be afraid of the school counselor. Any school counselor will have dealt with JW's before, and will understand the position you're in.

The cool thing is, you're realizing NOW -- at 16 -- that something's up with the Watchtower. That means you stand a fair chance at having a normal life. Many of us didn't catch on until well along into our adult years.

No pressure -- talk to the counselor if you want to, or not if you don't. I think it would be a good idea, but what do I know? (Not much, ask anybody!)

You're here, you're talking. That's all good. And you're THINKING. That's even better.

You're going to be all right. You'll get your sister back outta the deal, too.

Dave

• Coheedandcambria
    Coheedandcambria

Thank you guys so much.

My class is done at school now, so I have to leave. But you guys have really helped me alot. I appreciate it beyond words.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    I dont know if i still want to be one. Im scared, and so lonely. Depression eats at me every day. I have suicidal thoughts, and the only reason why I can think of is that I cant talk to my sister. She was everything to me. And i dont know. I love my brother too. Hes cool. But hes so... like... a typical older brother. Protective over everything, even stupid stuff.

From your posts you sound intelligent enough to be amassing information and drawing your own conclusions; if you have doubts now these should be looked into and resolved one way or another.

You have mentioned depression and suicidal thoughts and I can only advise that you obtain medical help for this; teenage depression isnt rare and your Doctor should no doubt have some good advice for you.

DB74

• joelbear
    joelbear

go see your sister. i'm sure she would meet you somewhere. god does not believe in separating people from those they love.

in the end, the love we have for each other is all we have.

HUGS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit