Hard to deal with

by Coheedandcambria 33 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I'm not sure how familiar you are with your namesake, probably much more so than I. Do you know their song "Camouflage?" It ends with this:

Born!
    Yes, I told you what the fuck is all this shit for?
    You know I could not lie to you

(Why don't you stop the fiction?)

Appropriate for the Watchtower. They build up a fiction that includes shunning your own family, and what's it for? You wouldn't have lied to them, why do they lie to you and tell you God wants you to shun your own sister?

Give a listen.

Dave

• truth about the last days
    truth about the last days

Hi. Perhaps I can help. You mentioned that your dads an elder. Show him Acts 8:12 and mention to him that it is ONLY MEN and WOMEN that Jehovah accepts the baptisims of all that have been baptised. Carefully explain to him it is Jehovah that you want to worship- and not men. You can also mention to him the Years text. Mention to him that your baptisim was not valid under Jehovahs princaples and you underwent baptisim too young and is not valid in Jehovahs eyes. But, you must also realise as to WHY your sister was dissfellowshipped. Did she commit adultery or something else to break Jehovahs laws. (consider 2 John 8-11). It states there, "he that does remain in this teaching is the one that has both the Father and the Son.". When I mentioned about the "men and women", at todays standards a man or women starts at an age of 20 or over. You were a child when you got baptised. Teenagers are the ages between thurTEEN and nineTEEN- hence TEENager. There is nothing in the scriptures to state that a child or a teenager should be baptised. Even Jesus did not get baptised until he was over 25.And he set a pattern for us all. Weigh out all these odds only to please the MOST HIGH. And if you do make a personal desision to see your sister in the end,if your dad does decide to dissfellowship you with the rest of the elders, it would be a mans action and not Gods. Many today are being dissfellowshipped for the wrong reasons. I hope you do come to decide the right course of action. Talk to Jehovah tonight by looking outside your window, one of his angels will hear your plea.Keith, your Brother.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Cohee this might be of some help to you....

• Honesty
    Honesty
    The cool thing is, you're realizing NOW -- at 16 -- that something's up with the Watchtower. That means you stand a fair chance at having a normal life. Many of us didn't catch on until well along into our adult years. Dave

Listen to Dave. He's right on target. The Watchtower will mess your life up if you let it..

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

Coheed, hang in there, it's hard, I know. By trying to 'punish' your sister, hey are punishing you, and it's not fair. Think that, maybe, when you turn 18 you can try and move with your sister or go to a college closer to her.
    By the way, Coheed and Cambria is one of my favorite bands, and the lead singer is puertorrican just like me!
    Good luck.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I can't understand how they baptised you at eight years old because supposedly they do not baptise children, and now you can't talk to your sister because of that baptism. In my opinion that baptism is null and void and you are not really bound by it and can talk to your sister freely. What an emotional burden to place on a teenage girl.

• Legolas
    Legolas

I have seen a 7 year old get baptized!

You know it is quite stupid really, they say they follow the 1st century xtians, but jesus was 30 when he was dipped!

• Jez
    Jez

My advice is to calm down. You are only 16, you have a lifetime of memories to make with your sister in the future. Wait it out. Focus on your education, emotional, mental and physical wellbeing. Get healthy yourself first in those ways and in time, a few years, you and your sister will become best friends again.

For now, keep emailing her.

I am 2 years younger than my sister. She was df'ed at 14, reinstated, again df'ed at 25. I did not get together with her properly until I got df'ed myself at age 30. We are now best friends and we never look back.

There is always hope.

Chin up, Jez

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

Welcome C&C. Hang in there.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi C&C, welcome to the forum!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit