I'm sick of Atlanta, where should I move?

by joelbear 61 Replies latest jw friends

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Dallas/Fort Worth area!!

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Joel,

Why are u sick of Atlanta? Put that on your "don't want" list.

What else do you not like in a location? (ice/snow?) put that on your "don't want" list.

What is mandatory for your next home?

What is nice to have for your next home?

Now you have a usable list to work from...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

About Chicago's climate: it's much milder than when I lived there. The summers are a little milder than Atlanta.

I loved how friendly the people were in general.

When I lived there, I was studying. I lived in a neighborhood on the North Side, between Broadway and Sheridan, for a while. The dubs called it Soddom and Gomorrah, but I still loved the people there. The place I lived had at one time been a posh hotel. It was run by transvestite and gay men who were the sweetest guys. They were so nice to me personally. One sweetheart gave me his alarm clock when mine broke. They also yelled at my highschool sweetheart husband when he was mean to me. Our whole neighborhood was filled with colorful people, as well as traditional families, etc.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Joel, I've been to Atlanta. Stayed there days at a time two times. What an awesome metro area! You're joking I'm sure.
    If you were living in Dumbo Junction, Iowa pop. 32, I'd understand:-) I live in Sioux Falls, South Dakota population maybe 150,000 for fifty eight years and I haven't even seen it all yet.
    I do have problems with our dark cold winters but that's a weather issue. I'd like to take some long winter vacations.
    I like it here. People are nice. Summers are beautiful. Food is good. There's more good restaurants than I can eat at. I think I'll die here and be buried here. Hopefully not any time soon:-)

• ackack
    ackack

I was just in Atlanta for a day. Neat place (kind of) :) You should come to Toronto where I am. Its ubercool and super-multi-cultural.

ackack

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I've lived in these major cities: Atlanta, Chicago, Houston, Honolulu and now Grand Rapids, MI. I love Atlanta of the past, I'm not too keen on the growth though. The traffic is horrendous. Grand Rapids has such nice, mild summers. I still would recommend Chicago. Edited to add: I was born in Mobile, Alabama. I guess you could call it a big city, though not a major one. Haven't lived there since I was 6, that was 1965.

• Bryan
    Bryan

Did you know that Bubbamar lives in Atlanta now?

Bryan

• breeze
    breeze

South!!!!

• Chasity1
    Chasity1

I live in Las Vegas. You either love it or hate it. I love it.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

How about Key West? Gorgeous weather, very artsey, beautiful surroundings.... sort of expensive, though, and then there's the hurricanes... hmmm... maybe not...

Sounds exciting, though, picking out a new place to move to!

GGG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit