Answer from the "Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses"

by Lilycurly 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary
    We also hope that this draconian action will bring them back to reason.

Two images come to mind when I read this frase: Dracula and Draco Malfoy.........neither of them are particularly nice people....Hmmmm.....I wonder if that's why the WTS chose this particular wording in their letter..........

• joelbear
    joelbear

they didn't really answer his question, just assure him its okay for him to talk to you.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit
    We also hope that this draconian action will bring them back to reason.

AK-Jeff beat me to posting the definition. But, that word being used being used by them was surprising. I have used 'draconian' many times in an accusatory way towards the WT...now they admit it ?

*sigh* They really do understand what they are doing to families. Tearing them apart, causing the most horrific pain possible...the loss of love for family...all in the name of Jehovah' Witness style Love ©.

Lilly, I am sorry for your situation. I have a daughter just a little older than you, who I taught to be a JW. She has just 'renewed' her shunning of me...on the advice of JW relatives. Apparently, I'm too 'worldly' and a 'spiritual danger' to her, even tho' we don't talk about religion anymore. I'm not even DA/DF.

It's a vicious cycle of hate. I am so sorry for you and all the other victims of the WT's draconian "Love ©"

I wish the best for you and your Dad. He's at a crossroads right now and I hope he takes Jesus example of tenderly "loving your enemies" to heart.

Rabbit

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I would gladly scan it, but it's in French...might not be of much use.

Please scan and post the letter because it may help French-speaking potential JW converts see the WT leaders as they are and not as they portray themselves. It may keep them from having their families broken apart by this destructive God dishonoring cult of horror.

Thanks,

Bob Evans

Walland, TN.

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

i hope they realize that the drunkards and thiefs and idolaters and fornicators are also part of their fuckin flock... the elders, the ministerial servants are the worst of all... they appoint these bastards, they let them do whatever the fuck they please, they give them power to make us hurt, do basically whatever they want, but when someone decides they want nothing to do with a cult, they are shunned because they are starting to do whatever the elders do, whether or not this is true...

i for one am not into idol worship, im not a drunkiard, and so on and so forth, im a beter person today than i was when i was in their "truth" and yet they want to label me as an evil drunk, philandering bastard....

whatever, i hate that stupid religion!!!!!

the infamous one

• uninformed
    uninformed

I was an elder for 30 years and never once was party to any kind of judicial meeting that required family members to stop talking to one another. There is just too much family "business" that needs to transpire. Tell him to quit asking about it and lay low. How about taking personal responsiblilty for his actions. Why make the WT be responsible for family decisions?

The WT is simply trying to micro-manage everyone's life and they will if you let them. Your dad needs to think about the 10 year plus association that the WT had with the UN. Now that is a clear, scripturally provable violation of association, and they are not in the least inclined to admit an error.

They bind up heavy loads for others that they themselves are unwilling to carry.

Get out of the cult, try to associate at least some in an upbuilding way to encourage him to break the hypnotic spell that they have on him.

This is my first post, hope it is not inflammatory or offensive, that would be a bad way to start.

Uninformed

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi uninformed, welcome to the forum!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Wasn't Christ the most forgiving, caring person ever to walk this Earth. And, was not Christ the most perfect of all men?

So, where does the WTS (an organization of fallable men) get off with thumbing their nose down at other sinners?

Again, the WTS knows not what they do. They try to prove faith by deeds.

Skeeter1

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Lilly, How about those no good tax collectors? The Pharisees wanted nothing to do with them. Who did Jesus have meals with? They Df'd Ray Franz for having a meal with his landlord ( df'd ). Guess if Jesus was alive today, they'd DF him for having a meal with those despised Tax collectors!!!

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Correction to above post: If Jesus was a man on earth today. SORRY Jesus. Please forgive me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit