heard back from my dad - you won't believe it!

by freedomlover 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• nilfun
    nilfun

Hey, that's just phenomenal -- one of the most touching letters I've ever read on here.

• jojochan
    jojochan

I'm really happy for you that he was able to reply back from the heart. I hope the same will true with me and my folks someday. Though deep down inside I feel they will understand too. After reading that; I feel that there is hope for me.

jojochan.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Wow...I just don't know what to say, that is so great. I'll never have that.

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

thanks you guys. I'm glad it gives hope to so many here....

Jgnat - you hit the nail on the head. LOL

it was definitly all those things combined that got the response I did.....

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Wow freedomlover, that is such a great letter, I am so happy for you.

Congratulations!!!

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    My father truly loves the organization and what it "says" it stands for, however he is starting to see the hypocrisy and the cracks. I do think he will cling to it at first and try to defend it. I am expecting that. thanks for the reality check.

It almost sounded as if you plan to try to go ahead pretty strong...I don`t know you or your father, but I think it is wise to always remember that even the most understanding JW (those that still have a heart) have a very strong "anti-witnessing-radar", even those that might have some doubts of themselves, perhaps especially the older ones, who have many, many years invested in this. If he ever starts feeling that you are trying to convert him, he might feel at unease, and the old "satan has gotten to her"-thought might pop (unconsciously) pop into the back of his mind. So perhaps it would be smart that you start out slow, and just explain to him why you don`t believe it any more. And then he can understand the logic, or not, it would be up to him. Anyway, be careful to never make him think you are "anti-witnessing" to him.

(As I don`t know you or your family, I could be completely wrong, these are just my "2 cents", as americans put it)

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

What beautiful letter, I'm so happy for you.

Your father sounds like a wonderful man. You must be on cloud nine right now.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Well put, Hellrider!

Slow and easy does it.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Obviously, your dad's love for you is stronger than his love for any man-made religion. I am so happy for you!!!

• jonsey
    jonsey

Freedom,

Awesome news! I just hope that it's not long before my father understands me and my decisions. It's just great news and you deserve it!

Mike

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit