heard back from my dad - you won't believe it!

by freedomlover 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• Bryan
    Bryan

Wow... How that must warm your heart!

I am so happy for you!

Please keep us up to date on everything!

My best,

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• The Leological One
    The Leological One
    That is a great letter!! Hope that you get to talk to him and he respects you opinions, without trying to correct you.

I'm thinking there may be a chance the father is conflicting within himself and so wouldn't be surprised if at times he may seem to try to side with some WT doctrines and also possibly will note apparent contradictions and problems with WT doctrines. He may seem up and down about it, so I wouldn't let it get you too far down if he seems to try and uphold some WT ideology here and there.

What he's written definitely shows he recognizes, through the apparently crackling force-field of the WT, the reality and importance of family and is ranking that higher right now. Hang in there, and sounds like really good news so far; just pleast don't be discouraged if he doesn't just suddenly sound exactly like someone DF'd for quite a while now and posting here. BUT... he may find himself posting here before long, as well.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Most excellent freedom, Im glad for you and itis!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Heart warming. It's always hard to expect the worst. But wow I bet you didn't expect this

• loosie
    loosie

WOW!!!!!

You have a great dad.. It's such a novel idea in the organization to love your children no matter their decision.

He may of had to step down as an elder because he isn't cut from the same cloth most of them are. Which from what I hear is a good thing.

This is just what you need right now. cherish it. And now with your family growing, You are going to have a great 2006.

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

Leological one -

yes. I hear your argument. I agree. My father truly loves the organization and what it "says" it stands for, however he is starting to see the hypocrisy and the cracks. I do think he will cling to it at first and try to defend it. I am expecting that. thanks for the reality check.

I will take this slow. it will be very hard for my dad as he has much love for the people and the ideas behind the organization.....

• Mr.Beaker
    Mr.Beaker

Thats awesome freedom, i wish all our parents could be this understanding and accepting. Im really really happy for you, your dad sounds like a top bloke.

Jas

• PaNiCAtTaCk
    PaNiCAtTaCk

Awesome!

My parents are handling me the same way and I cherish it very much. We are lucky, especially when considering the horror stories of so many on here with dealing with parents. My wifes mom told my wife in these exact words, "Satan is laughing at you and I will be praying you dont die of Aids!" She told my wife bye until she returns to Jehovah. Both my wife and I are greatful for my parents not shunning us. I know you are to.

Panic

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

FL -

Looks like your dad is already moving far from 'center court' in his theological perspective. His entire demeanor is quite casual toward the whole matter. Good things sometimes surprise us. Perhaps this is one of those happy stories, where the story ends like this;

And then as Daddy Bear, Momma Bear, Daughter Bear, and Son in Law Bear, with children bears in tow, all moved from the dark of the forest, where they could not see the trees, to the bright and sunny meadow, where good and happy moments are made in the brightness, the former worries and confusion in the shadow of the watchtower melt into the backround. Peace and good memories are ahead!

At least we hope it goes like that.

Jeff

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

lol Jeff !

sounds like a perfect ending to me. I'm still trying to be cautious and not get my hopes up too high, but mentally it seems like he's made some huge steps in moving away from the organizations mentality.

wish me luck!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit