heard back from my dad - you won't believe it!

by freedomlover 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

This is absolutely wonderful Freedom!

meagan

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Wow, that is so wonderful to read your fathers response! To have your parent love you unconditionally is a very special feeling. I'm not DA/DF'd, have never voiced any opinions etc, and yet my mother has cut me out of her life because of not going to meetings anymore. It was great that you could share things with your dad and have such a good outcome!

He really is a special dad!

BB

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

Fantastic news! Exactly how a father should have responded.

I'm very happy for you, both!
    CountryGuy

• delilah
    delilah
    Awesome news....I wish you the best of luck. THAT, is what unconditional love is all about sweetie.
  • TMS
    TMS

FL,

Your father's letter is almost a definition of unconditional love. He even reaches out to protect you from the dangers of being too open with your feelings.

Now that he has stepped down from being an elder, he may be the one in a million who can see the forest for the trees.

Sometimes we forget that there are still many good men and women who happen to be Jehovah's Witnesses.

tms

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Guess love overpowered a "belief" huh?

Hope this is only the beginning......................................................

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

my father passed away about 7 years ago. he was PO at the time and i was a MS. a lot has changed in my mind since then, but my pops was intelligent and pretty open-minded and we could talk about things that bothered us about the "truth". i wish he were here today so i could tell him what i feel now. i love my mom. she's the only reason(well not the only, but close) i stay in the truth. i just can't talk to her. she's pretty hardcore(you know, the resurrection hope).i envy you and think your dad is OK in my book. i wish you the best. by the way, i live in nc. pm me, i think you mentioned that u live here, or was moving here near asheville. thats a great town. i love the orange peel, great place to hear and see music.

later,

bonnzo

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

(((freedomlover and family)))

Wow! Thank you so much for that wonderful present. Hope is just about the best present anyone can give. I truly believe there are many thousands of Witnesses who have serious misgivings about the org, but the restrictions against questioning (and the PENALTIES) are so severe that they are terrified to bring it up to each other.

I have found out so much about my wife since I DA'd. Many things I thought were there, under the surface, she has brought to the forefront with me. JUST BECAUSE I can't tell anyone.

I can't wait to read this story from your dad's perspective, someday. I am eager to find out what caused him to step down (if he is ever willing to share it).

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• freedom96
    freedom96

That is a fantastic letter..... I hope it is only the start of more communication and love between you both!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

That is great, I long to hear those exact same words.
    Like you said, don't get your hopes up. He may not feel he is in a position to leave, and likely will not feel quite the same on everything as you so it is not worth causing tension over, as so many of us end up doing with our own families. Just to know he understands you and accepts you is worth more than gold.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit