If you could cheat on your mate...

by Country Girl 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

And guaranteed not get caught.. would you?

If it were possible that you could cheat on your mate, or significant other, and not get caught, would you do it? I've often asked myself that, and asked my husband, too. He always asks me if it's a trick question. I am not sure what he means by that, but I think he means if he answers a certain way, that he'll get in trouble. Hehehhe. No, it's not like that.

I asked him that yesterday, and after him giving me a bit of sarcasm, he answered in a way that I thought was very thought provoking. He said "If I cheat on you, I cheat myself." I asked what he meant by that. He said that he has set a personal standard of integrity for himself, and that if he violated that he would let me down, as well has God and himself. I thought that was a pretty good answer, so I just let it go. I have a pretty good man and consider myself lucky.

But, really, we all know how that goes. When marriages get bad, people are inclined to feel isolated, lonely, etc. and in need of physical human contact. I've often thought that personal integrity would be thrown out the window in face of those types of situations, but I don't know. What do you think?

For me: I just am not sure. I know I wouldn't sleep with someone else while still married, but I might be tempted to get emotionally involved with someone else while separated or something along those lines. What about you?

CG

• juni
    juni

ABSOLUTELY NOT!! Because I would have to live w/my decision. My husband cheated on me and I felt as if my heart were tore out. And it does forever ruin the trust that you once had. Juni~~~~~~~~

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My husband has asked me that question quite a few times and I've always told him no I wouldnt cheat if given the chance. I've had crushes on other men but I've never persuded it. I have a crush right now but if the guy ever showed any interest I would run the other way. I love my husband and my family and would never do anything to harm either.

Josie

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    I have a crush right now

It's me right... ok i wont show any interest...

• Legolas
    Legolas

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

• delilah
    delilah
    No, I would not cheat. I am a one-man woman, dedicated to him, and my marriage. Even if I could never be caught, my heart and my conscience would get the better of me. I'd have to confess, and it would destroy my love, my kids and my life. No can do.
  • caspian
    caspian

Absolutely If a really gorgeous women approached ANY man and he thought that he wouldn't get caught, he would cheat and any man that says otherwise is pulling yer yanker. Just my tuppence

• juni
    juni

I don't agree w/you Caspian. Pour quoi? I've seen too many posts here and have talked to men who value their relationship with their wives. Juni

• ballistic
    ballistic
    Absolutely If a really gorgeous women approached ANY man and he thought that he wouldn't get caught, he would cheat and any man that says otherwise is pulling yer yanker. Just my tuppence

Caspian, if a single bloke like me wouldn't sleep with just anyone, why do you make it sound like all married men are idiots who will just jump into bed at every opportunity?

• skyman
    skyman

I have even been given permission from my wife but I have too much integrity to do it. In the last year I have been pursued by two of the best looking women around here. When I say pursued I meant it hard pursued like a hound dog chasing a rabbit. My wife likes the fact that other women think I am handsome, she enjoys seeing me squirm. She says as long as she can be part of the action she is all right with it.

NO WAY IN HELL WILL I EVER CHEAT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit