Hey, Snoozy, almost same birthday!

Hubert

• hubert
    hubert

Minus one year.

Hubert

• MsUrsy
    MsUrsy

As a newbie, I come here to look at other peoples reasons for leaving, after being brainwashed for 16 years of my life, into thinking that I would be a sinner to not be a Jehovah's witness...I want to know the people I will burn forever with...lol!! Nah, it helps to know that I am not the only person out there who was crapped on by a "loving" orgainization!! And you know what?? I am sooooooooooo making the right decision to get out....thanks to all the people who post here!!

• hubert
    hubert

Snoozy and Msursy,

Welcome to the board !

Hubert

• acadian
    acadian

Hello all,

And Welcome MsUrsy,

I come here for understanding of self and others.

Entertainment

To stay in touch with new friends,

To discuss issues.

Acadian

• serendipity
    serendipity

I've come here to pick up men.

• mark hughes
    mark hughes

We come here because we all have something in common. (pardon me for stating the obvious) We all have had or still have an association with the jw cult. To explain to someone who has never had this association is very difficult as they struggle to comprehend how we could have been drawn into such a mind controlling organisation and actually believe, or did believe, that what the wbts said was right is actually the word of god. The majority would also find it difficult to comprehend certain laws we had to abide by, such as no blood transfusions, not celebrating birthdays etc. Because of this we have mutual intrests such as helping people to move on after exiting the borg, providing support to those being shunned, highlighting dicrepencies in the jw teaching, statements or misenterpretations of the bible or scientific studies.

Me? Well I suppose I think like someone who has never been associated with the jw's, it was 15 yrs ago I left, and maybe I am trying to understand the mind set of those converted, including my family, to such false and unrealistic beliefs. But above all I'm here to have a bit of fun and enjoy reading peoples experiences in life.

• Joyal
    Joyal

I come to this board for support and information. I am always amazed at what I learn here and how timely it all is. Some "announcements" I find here come out even before they are told at the meetings! That is amazing to me.

It also helps to find understanding and acceptance here, especially for those of us newly enlightened about the WTS' activities.

Thanks,
    Joyal

• Stromboli
    Stromboli

I've been a member for a year (I think) and post very little but I read regularly.

I just come here for info, news, links and new point of views.

Maybe in the hope of finally reading that the WT Empire has collappesed....

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

I come here because no matter how much our loved ones try, unless they went through it... they can't understand it.

You guys know what it's like. You understand where I'm coming from and I understand where you're coming from. It's nice to know that someone else has your back.

CountryGuy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit