Why Do We Come Onto These Boards???

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Some of us are addicted or simply curious or have been referred to, to see what these boards are all about. Even when people say that they're done, they're never coming back, they reappear......What's wrong with us?

• prophecor
    prophecor

To find out the next question you're going to throw out to the community of course, min.

• minimus
    minimus

Huh?

• JH
    JH

We have lots of steam to let out....that's why we are here and can't go away.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Just kidding min. I need to be here for healing. It's only you people who can understand why I am as we are. Not leaving, I can't. Hotel California Syndrome, 'ya know?

• slugga
    slugga

As someone that was always in trouble, that was the congregation whipping boy because I wasn't spiritual enough and as someone that more or less marked and ignored because I was considered worldly, I come here cos I get off on seeing how bad you lot are.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

reminds me that I'm not alone.

when a newbie comes out and needs reassurance, it's important for them to know they aren't alone.

Think about it, these forums are not necessarily for us as individuals, they're a community.

Think Desperate Housewives.

Really though... even when things are ok for me, I still check in here to see how everyone else is doing. Maybe I don't always post a reply, but being around in case someone needs something that I can give, be it a prayer or word of hope or comfort, is a good reason for me.

Also, I like your questions.

meagan

• prophecor
    prophecor
    Also, I like your questions. meagan

See, I'm not the only one. You must have been a wonder at the door, drawing out the householder with your poignant and thoughtfully scripted questions. No?

• beksbks
    beksbks

Have you ever seen a tree that had a band around it when it was young? Or was too close to a stick or pole? In time, that tree grows right around those obstacles. Pretty soon, they are part of the tree, and no seperating them. I am like one of those trees, and I come back here to be among some of my own kind. All those tall straight perfect trees out there can be daunting sometimes, and they certainly don't understand my struggles to grow. Besides, I never fail to find a post that is clever, witty, well written, and gives me a good laugh.

• lola28
    lola28

Two reasons

1. Too much free time

2. We got bored at work

lola

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit