Osama: How You Like Me Now?

by prophecor 58 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• hemp lover
    hemp lover
    The GWB administration is again using OBL to distract the public's attention and cover up GWB's latest sneaky maneuvers.

I never thought of it that way before, but it's certainly an interesting theory, especially in light of what was on the tape. GWB bombs a village in an allied country, which results in civilian deaths and a few days later, Osama pops up to scare the American public by threatening an imminent attack on U.S. soil. I honestly don't understand why OBL would warn us. Does that seem strange to anyone else? It just seems like a scare tactic or empty posturing.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

And just maybe GWB asked him to do just that, so we will run to him with our freedoms in hand, for more "protection". I would really like to be proved wrong on this theory to be honest. It scares the hell out of me. Could GWB prove this to be untrue, or are we supposed to trust him unquestioningly?

• FairMind
    FairMind
    If they kill him he wins anyway because now he is a martyr and the cause will continue.

True, but at least he'll be dead and good riddance I say. Anyone who thinks the "war against terror" is wrong is IMO an enemy of the American way of life.

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

How exactly does one carry out a war on a tactic? Terrorism is a tactic, not an army. Using that logic FairMind is anyone who's against the war on drugs, against "the American way of life"?

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Hey, I am against the "war on freedom"! Does that make me an enemy of anyone? Let me know so I can watch my back ok.

You are in Isreal....How do you know what the american way of life is? Did you read it in a book? Did you ask someone? Did GWB tell you?

In Isreal, you could live in concrete bunker, under guard 24/7, with no freedom at all, and you still wouldn't be safe from "terror".

Or maybe I am wrong....Can you please show me beyond all doubt where I am in error?

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

They are vehemently against abortion, they resist progressive woman's rights. They view homosexuality as a crime against nature and God, some advocate the death penalty as an option for it. Separation of Church and State is despised by these folks; they insist the nation is founded on the principles of their religion, and they work hard to bring that de facto theocracy about. They deplore strong language, gay characters, and sexual content on TV and in the media. And they ignore the Geneva Convention when it suits their ideological purposes, including provisions against torture or due process. They're anti-stem cell research, pro-creationism, and generally distrustful of science. These folks are easily whipped into a state of frenzy with ideological manipulation to the point where they will commit violence, or at least tacitly endorse that violence is acceptable, if it advances their Divine agenda. They then take great pains to justify that violence, including unprovoked attack of civilian areas, under certain conditions, with convoluted theological gymnastics. They are almost to the man pro-death penalty ... Am I railing against the religious right again?

Could be, but my target here is actually Al Qaeda and related fundamentalist Wahhabism; the source of terrorism, the scourge of our planet, the Axis of Evil.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Enigma, I was wondering what in the world is, wahabism, so I looked it up and for those who might not know either, here is the meaning.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/saudi/analyses/wahhabism.html

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Which life is more valuable? a "safe" prisoner in a 6X10 protective custody cell? Or the free man with a home , 3 kids, 2 cars, and a beautiful loving wife.

Which is going to be easier to "control" or "manipulate"?

Which is going to give his life up for something better faster?

• Dune
    Dune

Terrorist dont terrorize JUST because they have different religious viewpoints. Theres a reason for everything. Think about it. Every child that is orphaned in Iraq is a potential Suicide Bomber. An apology wont bring back a dead sibling. When you push a people to a certain point they are bound to use tactics that arent "civilized".

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

They can find SH in a little bitty hole, but can't find OBL?

Because US troops CIA and Special Forces were crawling all over the place (tikrit) and Saddam was such a despot that his own people were willing to sell him out and pass on information. With Bin Laden he is probably in an awkward t oaccess place , very few if any US troops around and with tribal loyaltuies very strong - you are looking at chalk and cheese

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit