No sex in NS.

by IMustBreakAway 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

does it strike anyone else that there seems to be a vague hatred of sex among the gb? IMO or maybe it's not so vague.

Josie

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I have heard this teaching, but its not something the wts made a big thing of. As a single sister, I had just about given up on having sex again, I couldn't see myself finding a husband before the big A.

Now I'm out, I want to make up for lost time

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

This teaching was one of the first of many that gave me nightmares. I remember I started having this one when I was about 7 years old and found out about it. During the course of our family study we encountered the scripture about those that die and who get resuurected being like the angels.

So naturally I quizzed my parents until finally they had to admit that, yes, if daddy got ran over by a car tomorrow he would be ressurected but he and mummy would no longer be married in paradise - they would have to live separately. God - that makes me tear up even now.

I cried myself to sleep that night, which is why I the memory is so strong. I prayed and prayed that God wouldnt let anything bad happen to my parents and said that if it did I didnt want to go to paradise at all as i didnt want them to not to be able to be together anymore.

Some childhood that was - no wonder I have no understanding at all of what it means to let children be free and innocent and happy now.

• luna2
    luna2
    Surely I'm not the only person that doesn't know what "sex in the NS" means... surely

I was also clueless. LOL Did not connect "NS" with New System....until I read the comment following your's.

I think I was hoping that at the end of the thousand years we'd get our marriage (with sex) priviledges back.

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway
    does it strike anyone else that there seems to be a vague hatred of sex among the gb?

Maybe they can't get it up??? ;-)

Now I'm out, I want to make up for lost time

Let me know if i can help with that... ;-)

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Resurrected ones "like angels", therefore no desire for sex? Ummm, wasn't there a story about angels strongly desiring sex, and creating some kind of problem which Jehovah had to deal with personally?

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I believe they were created Angels..maybe that was the difference.

Something about being resurrected makes people sterile...

It always reminded me of someone going through a nuclear bomb..the radiation would make them sterile also...

Makes you wonder ..bombs also make your skin fall off..

And most of the other things in Revelation..

Sounds like armageddeon to me!

Snoozy..

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

There most certainly IS sex in Nova Scotia, I'll have you know!

• DaveNwisconsin
    DaveNwisconsin

No sex in the new system. Then I am out of there!

• JH
    JH
    No sex in the new system. Then I am out of there!

Unless you are married now or get married and stay a good dub and hope to survive Armageddon whenever it comes...hoping you live long enough too live through it. This was certainly a sad moment in my life, when I learned about God's divine plan for me....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit