No sex in NS.

by IMustBreakAway 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

JH has it right, but I recall some JW talk that went a bit further than that. Many JWs said people would be able to have children until the earth was comfortably filled and then went on to speculate that people would lose their sexual desire, and some even speculated about a "Divine Termination" when God would end all existing marriages. Those of us who didn't like that idea speculated that God would then allow us to travel in space and populate other galaxies.

W

• vitty
    vitty

Dave, your not the only one. Id heard it said that ressurected ones cant get married and therefore cant have sex, but id never heard it said ordinary pplwho got through armmageddon could have sex !!!!!!

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Hahahahahahahah. Good catch Dave ...

NS = anus ....

LOL!

No sex in the NS ....

LMAO

-ithinkisee

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway

Sex is one of the few things that makes me feel connected to the phyiscal world. I couldn't imagine living forever without it. I wonder what my jw spouse feels about this?

• prophecor
    prophecor
    Hahahahahahahah. Good catch Dave ...

NS = anus ....

LOL!

No sex in the NS ....

LMAO

-ithinkisee

Went completely over my head, whew. Never even saw it coming (no pun intended) Art

• TheListener
    TheListener

I've never heard the NS thing before. I've just heard about not having anymore children. There is a big big big difference between NS and NC.

If you're married now and both survive armageddon - you both stay married forever and ever and ever

If you're single now - you stay single forever and ever and ever

If you were married but only one mate survives armageddon - you're single forever and ever and ever

(of course if you have had a child die and a mate die and both get resurrected who gets custody?)

Of course, many dubs will tell you that there will be many many children resurrected that will need surrogate families to raise them. Therefore you will have children, just somebody else's. Unless of course their parents get resurrected too.

Many witnesses feel, in their hearts, that the not getting married and being like angels refers to the 144,000. That's not the WTS teaching, but it is one of those minor disagreements that you will hear whispered be even the most ardent dub.

• daystar
    daystar

I never did learn that.

But my father did suggest that there would be no more births once the earth was "filled" (whatever that means).

My response was something like "How could Jehovah, the God of Love, take away from us the joy of this most powerful aspect of the creative power that he invited us to share with him, and the joy of raising those beautiful children to adulthood? If procreation was ever stopped by Jehovah, I don't think I could be very happy about that."

I think my response would have been similar if he had said "no more sex". It's such an important aspect of a fulfilling relationship between two people...

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I remember my JW hubby telling me that if I didn't "come back into the truth"..and was destroyed..god would give him a new wife!..And make him forget about me.

Wasn't that a loving thing to say?

Course I already knew that from having been a witness before.

Didn't exactly make me want to go back..it was a hateful group that used the bible to hurt people.

They could take it out of context and use it to hurt people..didn't need a religion like that.

I know that death ends a marriage but I still feel married..like hubby is on a trip somewhere and hasn't come home yet...

Oh yeah...now that he has died..he can't remarry..the irony of it all...

Funny thing is..I almost wish he could have..I wanted him to be happy no matter where he is.

Snoozy...who no longer has any respect for the JW way...

• aniron
    aniron

34 Jesus said to them: “The children of this system of things marry and are given in marriage, 35 but those who have been counted worthy of gaining that system of things and the resurrection from the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage. 30 for in the resurrection neither do men marry nor are women given in marriage, but are as angels in heaven. This was in answer to a question about a woman who married 7 times. So whose wife would she be in the resurrection? Jesus replied basically no ones, as resurrected ones would be considered as angels, do angels marry! Obviously God had realised such things would happen. Otherwise he would have said no one could get married again if their wife/husband died.

• joelbear
    joelbear

i heard about the populating other galaxies thing too.

angels can't marry, they are all men, haven't you seen the pictures. no same sex marriage in heaven.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit