My 14-year-old has a same sex attraction.....

by Alana 91 Replies latest social family

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Jstlin:
    It can probably be simplified further than that.

As a species humanbeings are attracted to each other, period. At an individual level they are hardwired to certain gender/shape preferences which may or may not include sexual feelings.

• joelbear
    joelbear

christians are freaky man, like scary freaky. but its good to see how nonsensical their superstitions can be.

rationality is the only way to deal with life and the curves it throws us. believing in demon spirits, miracles, fairy godmothers or rabbit's feet will not benefit us while research, discussion and thoughtful decision making certainly will.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Now, now, Joel - don't tar us all with the same brush

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    Homosexuality is among the list of deviate or abnormal sexual practices.

Not true. The DSM-IV has removed sexual variations as deviant or abnormal practice.

God did not create any human being as a homosexual. They are not born that way...

Actually there is convincing evidence that some people are "born that way"

just as murderers are not born that way.

I think in some cases that is wrong too. Some people are born with a tendency towards violent behavior.

However, these spirits can be transmitted to children, especially if someone who had this demonic spirit seduced or raped a child--or even if they were close to gay people

Sexual orientation cannot be "transmitted". Being sexually abused or raped as a child has absolutely nothing to do with later orientation. And statistically children raised in proximity to or by gay parents have the same chnaces of being gay, lesbian or bi- as any other person raised who never has any contact with any of the above.

As for Satan --- You can't really believe this. Can you?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Oh man it is so tempting to delete the gay bashers and illogic. Especially when I know I can.

So I am split. Let their posts stand? They do have the ring of insanity that sadly so many have had to experience. I think that any parent would be afraid that their child would have to deal with this nonsense and bigotry.

Delete the posts? I sort of lean towards "know thy enemy"

Delete the posters? Well "God's Child" has been zapped

• jstalin
    jstalin
    So I am split. Let their posts stand? They do have the ring of insanity that sadly so many have had to experience. ; I think that any parent would be afraid that their child would have to deal with this nonsense and bigotry.

Delete the posts? I sort of lean towards "know thy enemy"

I'd keep 'em. I'm a fan of free speech, even when it's completely wrong.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Lady, I agree that its easier to know your enemy when they are vocal. Its the ones that hang back and don't express it that worry me! I also think that oftentimes this type of behavior is caused by a couple things, one is that they have only been exposed to this vitriolic type of thinking, they don't know any gays personally (or don't know that they do). And also, and this is important, oftentimes this is cause by internal homophobia expressed by someone who has these feelings themselves and wants to demonize them so that they don't take on any reality. I can say that from personal experience.

ALANA: I did want to express one more thing again about the topic of the thread, because I think it got lost in my long long post: Please do contact your local chapter of PFLAG. They will be of IMMENSE help to you.

Sherry

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Good call, LL.

I got within inches of phoning Simon and asking him to make me a Mod, over this one - LOL.

It was basically religious spamming.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

serious relationships are for serious living

childhood should be about learning and fun and discovery and serious relationship only limit what one can do and who one can be with in a very harsh way.....if she is really a lesbian, it will wait, as will her other serious desires to be a seriously involved adult, but now need not be that moment....

the biggest part of parenting, in my not so humble opnion is to educate a ball of desires in the ways of suppressing the ones which are tending to distract you from what is important in your current life and focusing in on the ones which will benefit you the most in the long term.... short term desires abound but if you do not learn to suppress them, you will be emotionally torn apart and all too often I see parents neglecting their duty in educating their children in this ancient art.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Gods Child has been removed due to another topic

Blessed Star is restricted due to the posts in this topic

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit