My 14-year-old has a same sex attraction.....

by Alana 91 Replies latest social family

• Krystal
    Krystal
    I've heard and read about generation curses and it has nothing to do with genes. Generation curses are true and can be broken by the power of God.

Any scientific proof here or is this more bull poo?

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

The "curse" is just the result of kids doing what they're taught. Grow up with racists, be a racist. Grow up with Christians, be a Christian. It isn't 100% of course, but there is certainly a correlation between the way you're raised and the way you grow up.

It hardly applies to sexual preference, though. I think people thought of left-handedness as a "curse" for awhile, too.

Dave

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

I know that if my child was at this age I'd be giving them a very stern talking to about sex, I think that's part of the responsibility you took when you had that child - I would be very plain about what is and what is not acceptable behaviour while she/he is a minor and within the walls of my home.

Under the guise of 'understanding' and 'freedom' many abrogate any responsibility they have for teaching children about marriage relationships and focus on the physical dangers of sexual activity. No wonder so many of our children grow up utterly confused by how to act when their moral examples are off breaking all the moral laws - or at least pouring scorn on them - that their grandparents hopefully tried to teach them. The inherant moral decay is revealed by calling people who disagree with homosexual behaviour and /or fornication and/or adultery by silly names and treating them as though they were stupid. Its worrying how many to dismiss high morals with some glib comment and how few even defend them anymore.

Most people who teach strong morals to their children are not abusive, close minded, bigots - they are people stepping up to the plate and teaching the one thing our decadent world badly needs - control, direction and discipline. Some of the comments here seem to suggest that those who dare disagree with the moral liberalism of the last two generations are somehow ignorant and backward.

It makes me sad that the majority of posts here seem more affronted by the idea that someone may not actually support homosexuality than by the thought of a 14 year old making sexual choices without anything more definate than some sexual tips and clean up routines. 14 is not the age to be experimenting with any form of sex IMO.

I have two girls and even though they are very young I constantly reinforce the idea of love and respect within a strong family and even though they see utter garbage on TV I always try and point out how unusual and incorrect such behaviour is. When the time comes for them to make their own decision it will be from a position of definition rather than confusion. Whatever decision they make I'll still love them and I'll spend just as long worrying, hoping, loving and praying for them.

• greendawn
    greendawn

At that age a lot of teenagers go through passing phases of homosexual inclinations so it may well be something of this sort and it will soon be over.

• KW13
    KW13

well at 14 he/she could be confused, its fine and normal for teens to be gay for a while then become 'normal'...raging hormones and such, as for saying God can heal this, why when its either confusion or genetic differences, and if he/she ends up gay then so what....its a person, an individual and they will feel this way.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

There is a really big clue in the following question: Why do men have nipples ?

First, it turns out that all males really DO have that feminine side. ----------> All humans are conceived as females !

It's not until around the 7th week of gestation, if the baby will be a boy, that a signal is sent to the mothers brain which then causes her body to produce testosterone. When the baby's system is flooded with this hormone, it causes the female genitalia to 'morph' and develop outside the body -- into male genitalia. If there is not enough testosterone some boy babies may be born with under developed genitalia. It's thought that this may explain the reason that some people are born 'sexually ambivalent.'

Nipples are already 'developed' before 7 weeks. So we got 'em.

Kinda makes ya' wonder about how Eve was made from Adam, doesn't it ? Women are the originals, men are the altered ones.

If hormones can cause such massive physical changes in genitalia, why would it be so hard to to fathom a change in our brains for the same reason ?

If 'God' creates babies, he's been creating a lot of heterosexual, gay, lesbian, bi-sexual & transsexual people for many thousands of years. Even before the Internet ! So God does create people "that way."

Here's a link: http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a1_093.html

Or Google: Why do men have nipples ?

Rabbit (of the -- have nipples can't figure out how to use 'em class)

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

hibie your post:

God never intended that behaviour. That is why God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah.

This is what the Bible says:

1 Corinthians 6:9-10:

"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters, nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

Leviticus 20:13: "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Today the penalty of death comes in the form of AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases.

It also brings death to the soul and spirit of man because the life of God is pushed out by indulging in something that is an abomination to God.

God wants to deliver all who are trapped in this unholy practice and He will if anyone calls out to Him with a sincere heart.

Blessed Star

• avishai
    avishai
    Today the penalty of death comes in the form of AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases

Then why is the VAST majority of transmission in Africa from HETEROSEXUAL contact, actually where the most death from this disease occurs?

The AIDS argument is repugnant, that a God of love would kill someone that horribly because he made them different? If he IS like that, I want nothing to do with him. If he Is'nt, I suspect those that put themselves in his place and judge by comments just like yours are in serious trouble.....

• sixsixsixtynine
  • Enigma One
    Enigma One

Blessed...you are a troll. You've posted over 50% of your posts so far on hate mongering.

I find your posts offensive. You've been warned already by the mods. Saying God gave AIDS to condemn homosexuals is stupid. Did he also give childhood cancers to smite kids for some reason too?

Go god-mob somewhere else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit