Please help! I have NO idea what to do with this!

by Elsewhere 35 Replies latest jw friends

• arrowstar
    arrowstar
    Lisa, if you get a free lunch out of this, you owe me. Bug

LOL...this is Elsewhere we're talkin' 'bout!!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Set vague, nebulous goals, and make sure you set them low. Then you will excell.

S

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Maybe it's my age or the fact that I spent over 40 years in industry at the tail end of the industrial age (a generational thing), but in my time, it was just "do your job" and if you could help the other guy with his or help improve the entire procedure...........then do it. None of this "goal" thingy! Once you saw the figures for the year, you tried to improve them for the following year.

The time spent in meetings trying to come up with "goals" is only a money wasting non productive way that managers try to look like their job is actually needed. (my opinion)

I retired 27 months ago and forgot all about that crap. But now I have reentered the work force because of wanting to be useful and make some moola $$$$ for the things I like to do....once again. (after 2 years of spend spend spend)

The high tech company I now work for (I used to work for one of the worlds lowest tech companies) does something close to what Elsewhere is experiencing except for the fact that the "goals" don't have to be in writing. They just like to push the idea of doing more and doing better. And they allot a lot of time for meetings which I won't complain about since I just have to listen to them spout off instead of think and be productive.

And guess what? Me and a couple other OLD guys are already being groomed for promotion.

It amazes me how the manager types eat this shite up! Most of us are trying to do the best we can with the idea of constant improvement......without submitting a report.

HappyDad (now of the satellite technology class)

What's a satellite?

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

bummer....I was hoping you didn't know what to do with your sexy little mini cooper...I was gonna say give it to me!!!

• Scully
    Scully

This is the self-assessment tool that is part of "Reflective Practice" which I am required to complete annually for my nursing licence renewal:

Self-assessment Tool

Maybe you can adapt it to your work environment and develop one for your colleagues. (oooh a possible goal!! )

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

• Professional Excellence Goals - Weighting = 60%
    • People Goals - Weighting = 20%
    • Quality Growth Goals - Weighting = 20%
    • Filling the form out in red crayon = Priceless

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit