Internally: I'm forever a JW

by Thegoodgirl 25 Replies latest jw friends

• SomeGeek
    SomeGeek

i have never been one but my father once studied with them. I don't think he was ever fully JW by he used the NWT, participated in home study, etc. Anyway, he has been some what delivered from the clutches (and the guy that bought him in :) for about 10 years but he still carries around the logic and conversation style. Sometimes it's a little frightening, but I know he doesn't have the same beiieve structure.

• Purza
    Purza
    Anyway, whenever I run into JWs, I feel like I'm home again, and feel totally comfortable. Anyone else know what I mean? (By the way, I was raised a JW since age 2.)

I was born into it and lasted about 32 years, and no. . . I do not feel totally comfortable or at home. I feel disconnected. Even with old friends that still have contact with me, I still can't feel completely comfortable with them knowing what I do about their religion. They would turn their backs on me in a second if I spoke up, maybe not because they wanted to. . . but because they have to.

Purza

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I can remember having that exact feeling, but it has gone since they turned on me. Mention to those same sisters a few reasons why you've had doubts and they'd probably have thought you've gone to Satan, turned and run without so much as a how's your father.

I guess they have to very brutally hurt you before you stop relating to the 'love they have between themselves'.

• montana96
    montana96

Yes I can relate I think because its been such a big part of our lives and we feel like we want to belong or fit into something.

Its very hard at times to feel like we belong somewhere when we have been use to an organization dictating our every move in life, but ask yourself is it something you want to be involved in again?

• greendawn
    greendawn

I can understand how they feel in given situations, I don't have any sympathy for them (but neither hate the R&F) because they are part of a deceitful cult.

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

A good topic with some great replies. I can only agree with many view points: it is all we have known so to be away from it can feel lonely and scary. There were no choices to make as your life was already mapped out for you, it could be comfortable in some ways. But again how could one go back and deny the reality and truth about it now? The whole set up is banking on the reactions we have about leaving it. The system is set up to be dependance based, if it was easy to go many more would do so. As many of us contemplate our new lives cut loose from it, we have to start from scratch and its not the easiest thing to do, but many do and are doing so. I agree there maybe many things we liked about it and traits we may always have with us, time will create a new experience for us and that will become our past

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I just felt sorry for them, and at the same time could totally relate.

I will forever feel sorry for them because most are really sincere people who have been deceived and blinded. If we were able to look into their hearts we would see emptiness and despair in many of them.

If the would only take the time to examine the WTBT$ instead of believing them then they might just be liberated from a very dangerous and destructive cult.

For an honest view of the Watchtower see the following website:

http://www.reexamine.org/index.php/Main_Page

• Legolas
    Legolas
    These were two really genuinely nice sisters who were out preaching in the cold in a mostly empty neighborhood, and I just felt sorry for them, and at the same time could totally relate.

Well if you felt sorry for them, as I am sure many of us here would as well being that they were out in the cold, I would have at least 'planted some seed' with them maybe about the UN or the 607 date or something, and then told them to look it up for you!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

When I see jws I dont get that feeling...I used to but not any more. When I see jws who I have know since childhood I feel disconnected but thankful I'm not in the mess anymore

Josie ~ woould have been 3rd generation jw but dodged the bullet

• ferret
    ferret

No I cannot relate. After twenty five years out I still cringe when I see them. I know of their dishonesty and backbiting of one another. I still have siblings and children in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit