What do you believe now?

by NowImFree 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NowImFree
    NowImFree

I have been out of the JWs officially for over 3 years now, since disassociating. After researching the history of the organization and reading the bible (without) the Watchtower, I am now a Christian. I am just curious what happens to most ex-JWs as far as their beliefs go, after they leave the organization. How many become Christian? How many become atheists, pagans, agnostics, other non-christian religions such as eastern religions, muslim, etc. What do you believe? This is just kind of my own pole because I have been wondering about this ever since I left the JWs.

NowImFree

• NowImFree
    NowImFree

By the way, how do I correct a spelling error once I have posted. I just noticed I spelled poll as pole. Oops. But how do I correct it?

Thanks,

NowImFree

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Welcome, NowI'mFree!

To fix spelling error: highlight your subject title and click on edit.

I was raised JW, left around age 24, was enthusiastically, eclectically Pagan, and embraced Christianity only recently.

~Merry

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Hi now, pagan here. Still enthusiastically!

Sherry

• Calliope
    Calliope

i don't know what to believe.

i'm so dissillusioned. or rather, that's how i feel. and exhausted. i can't reconcile anything (or very little) in my mind. i'm 50% f*ck it and forget about everything i've ever been told about the "truth", and the other 50%, i feel like burning the Crisis of Conscious book and dumbing myself to the point where i numbly forgo ever questioning anything again. Then i can revert to answering such simple questions as "where's jehovah?". and then i can simply point up like a good 2 year old.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

I believe the cheesecake I just had at Texas Land & Cattle was one of the best I have ever had.

(burp)

Oh besides that? , agnostic humanistic...with a few touches of objectivism, but not enough to call myself an objectivist.

I believe in life before death.

Dang, that cheesecake was good....

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Thoughts and beliefs about God, give us no more actual truth and sustenance, than does thinking about food.

Stop believing, and instead be present with the actuality and reality of life, and see what happens.

If there is a God, it's not separate from reality.

j

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I'm with Eyebrow 2 with a dollop of James Thomas

• NowImFree
    NowImFree

Doofdaddy,

A dollop of James Thomas? Funny!

NowImFree

• NowImFree
    NowImFree

Merry,

Thanks for telling me how to edit. How long were you pagan? What do you mean by "you embraced Christianity"?

NowImFree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit