What do you believe now?

by NowImFree 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene
    How long were you pagan?

I was secretly pagan the whole time I was growing up a JW in the sense that I felt very close to nature (in communion with trees, rocks,etc), experienced God as being as much female as male in so far as such terms can be used to describe the divine, and I had no real connection with Christ and saw no need for one.

What do you mean by "you embraced Christianity"

Good question. When Christ came to me this past summer (much to my astonishment) and embraced me, I embraced Him back, and I feel that makes me a Christian. Embraced=accepted. Sorry I'm not more articulate; I'm still trying to figure out what it means myself

~Merry

• mdb
    mdb
    Good question. When Christ came to me this past summer (much to my astonishment) and embraced me, I embraced Him back, and I feel that makes me a Christian. Embraced=accepted. Sorry I'm not more articulate; I'm still trying to figure out what it means myself.

How did Jesus come to you, or reveal Himself to you this past summer? When you say that you embraced Him, what do you mean by it and how does it make you a Christian? I'm not implying you're not - I'm only asking how you see it is so. You said that you're still trying to figure out what it means to you. Do you profess Jesus as your Lord and Savior, who died for you and paid IN FULL the penalty you deserve for your sins? I bring this forward because I know that the Watchtower's doctrine is not correct regarding salvation, the person of Jesus Christ, and His resurrection (among other things). Though you have left that cult, if you still hold to those doctrines which downplay the saving grace of God and pervert the gospel message by the belittling of our Lord, then your trust is not in that Jesus of the Scriptures who saves and you are still in your sins. If Christ is not in you, neither are you His child. Have you received His Holy Spirit?

I hope that you will not take what I've said incorrectly. The Scriptures say to: search the Scriptures daily (Acts 17:11), examine yourself as to whether you are in the faith (2 Cor 13:5), test all things and hold to what is good (1 Thess 5:21), and test the spirits to whether they are of God (1 John 4:1).

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Happily atheist now. My wife's happily pagan.

Dave

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Patheist: an atheist tree worshiper.

GBL

• daystar
    daystar

In JamesThomas fashion, I have a difficult time saying I have a religious belief now.

I would say I've been influenced by Buddhism, Gnosticism, Atheism, Thelema, Christianity, Science, among others.

I have a hard time with it sometimes, but I don't think I really need a religious identity in order to be whole.

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

hmmm ... I am not an 'ist', 'ian' or 'ic' of any kind. I have no use for religion at all however I do consider myself pretty spiritual. I relate more to the eastern way of thinking then the traditional western when it comes to spirituality. But when people try to organize religion around thoughts or beliefs that's when I am seriously turned off.

• mark hughes
    mark hughes

A keen interest in paganism but atheist for application forms.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    What do you believe now?

I still believe the Bible is God's word to us.

I used to believe the WTBT$ until I researched them.

I believe, trust and worship Jesus now.

I am Christian.

• Muffinman
    Muffinman

Secular humanist atheism.

• kid-A
    kid-A

humanist atheist, as is the case with every other ex-JW I know. In fact, I was shocked to find so many christian ex-JWs here on this board, but hey, whatever makes you happy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit