LETTER I got from somebody who read my story on FREE MINDS

by Terry 15 Replies latest jw friends

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Terry,

That person is concerned for you, tried to be encouraging. He sounds like a fringe JW to me.

• garybuss
    garybuss

When I first started trying to locate more walkaways like me in 1995, questioning Witnesses would contact me. Almost always they would come in with guns blazing. They would admonish, reprove, and rebuke. One came on the Jesus Witness list with this post:
    "I am not associating with you. I am admonishing the disorderly and the wicked. I am not sharing in your wicked works but calling you all to repentance."
    They aren't sure if it's a sting set up by Bethel or the elders. If it is a sting they can say they were just admonishing and reproving. After they were sure they could trust me, they would start asking questions. All this might take months. I eventually learned to take their first few contacts at very low personal value and I tried to make and keep rapport.
    One couple had been Witnesses for three years when he contacted me with a very tough letter. I replied in a soft way and over months we had a friendship started. I referred him to an ex Witness who had a lot in common with him and a year after he first contacted me he and his wife disassociated. He called me to come get his books and WT CD. We stayed in contact for years after that.
    I usually do a soft reply with a couple questions and see if they reply. Many do. Some really are just rabid and looking for somebody to bite.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    The whole point in Jesus returning to rule over his own hand-picked righteous government is to demonstrate the superiority of God's rule over man's. Does it make sense that Jesus would have people running his earthly government (as faithful and discreet choices) who constantly run ahead of the messege and heap shame upon his father's name by holding him up to ridicule?

Great reply, Terry! Too bad this quote is too long to make a needlepoint hanging for the wall......it is SO well written and says so much!

hugs,

Annie

• NowImFree
    NowImFree

You know, I feel sorry for that JW. I have to remember that I was blind too. It is the fault of the Watchtower leadership, most of the members are either thoroughly deceived, or they see big problems but don't know where to turn if they leave. My mother is similar, she knows they are so wrong about so many things but she thinks the light will keep getting brighter. She doesn't know where else to turn so she sticks with them. I on the other hand, was thoroughly deceived, I believed pretty much what ever they said. I can't believe now that I was so gullible.

NowImFree

• observador
    observador
    Mikel didn't tell you how to identify the Jude-asses. Obviously at least SOME of them must be in positions of authority. I think it is better to play safe and ignore the whole lot of them, and just do what Jehovah himself personally tells you to do.

I know in my case I must be doing OK, because Jehovah hasn't told me to change anything yet.

I'll bet it's the same for you Terry, and for everyone else here.

Yessir, Jehovah is copacetic with the whole worldwide apostate community.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Nice one. Great of them to write to you.

Who said anything about you abandoning God?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit