How many did you "bring in"

by slugga 26 Replies latest jw friends

• slugga
    slugga

Credit to minimus for this one... Sorry How many people did you bring into the truth, what was there reaction to you fading, DAing or getting DF'd and do you feel guilty about it now?

I only did the one and he was a kid who's family were in already, I was asked to give him his study when his daddy ran off. I changed congregations so lost touch with him. The fact he was already kind of in kind of negates my guilt. I would have felt much worst if I had destroyed a worldly persons life to bring them into the truth.

Matt

• skyman
    skyman

I had two studies. One from contact out in the ministry the other was given to me.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Zero

• slugga
    slugga

It would seem the org grows more through procreation than it does through its ministry.

I remember once yrs ago we were told it would be better not to have kids but to concentrate on the ministry because the end was near. I wonder how long it'll be before the org realises this and sends out the message to make more babys?

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Hi Slugga

I studied with someone (from the field) who eventually came in and was baptised and who is still in. She often passes on her love to me through my mother. My grandmother thinks we look very much alike and that we could have been sisters. For some reason she used to do her hair the same way as me and dress the same etc. Strange that.

So I only studied with one person that came in - sorry to say, as even one is too many. But I influenced a lot of other people's students and did a lot of 'encouraging'. I used to take comfort in the fact that even though I was never any good at enticing a person to take up a bible study, I certainly could help other people's students and at least entice them to stay. I was so faithful then.

~Beck~

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

two-and-a-half...maybe three-and-a-half (depending on how you score it). Brought OUT five-and-a-half (so far), helping out six more. Strangely, getting them out takes a lot less time than getting them in.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Quentin
    Quentin

One, my cousin...lost touch twenty some odd years ago...he and his family moved to Washington state...think about him from time to time...don't feel bad about it though, he was a big boy, not like I put a gun to his head, smart too. I'll always have the hope he eventualy saw through the bull**** and got out, along with his family...

• pamkw
    pamkw

None, but that was not from lack of trying. When I told an old high school friend of mine I was not going to be a jw anymore, she said, but you tried to make me one. I had to tell her how sorry I was for that, and now I am smarter. She thought it was funny and laughed. I almost brought a few of my worlding friends in, I am so happy now that I was not successful. Pam

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I bought in one from the territory who was d/f a couple of years later
    I studied with three kids from the cong that got baptised. 1 is out, 1 may as well be and just the one remains.
    I don't know how there is any JW's left in Aust, I have seen few baptised from the territory and heaps of JW kids never got baptised, or did but were d/f shortly afterwards.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

two that I can remember. I think on my first post here I apologised to any I may have influenced.
    I still feel ashamed as both of them had to put up with some pretty heavy stuff at a very vulnerable time.

I was responsible for putting them through it and I thought I was doing a great thing!

I really need to find them and apologise personally. Has anybody else done this? Would it make matters worse?

Pete

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit