How many did you "bring in"

by slugga 26 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    I really need to find them and apologise personally. Has anybody else done this? Would it make matters worse?

Yes, Pete. I have. With every person I influenced toward the organization.

Since I am DA'd now, there really isn't any way for me to make matters worse.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• EC
    EC

One....my husband...met him as a teenager when I "left the truth" for a little bit. Thankfully, he was the first to see the "light". Looking back now it is sad, I would always tell him he was not being a good head because he never took the lead in going to the meetings or out in service or had a regular family study....I remember a lot of private discussions between us with me saying that we were going to be responsible for our children’s death if we didn't get more serious. He would always agree and things would get better for a bit then it would go back to me being responsible for everything. I remember a pioneer sister would always drop by and she would say, "Honey, you just might have to take the lead...have yourself and the kids bathed and dressed and dinner cooked and when he comes home he will have no choice but to throw on his suit and go. He will eventually see how bad of a head he is being." To think everyone always thought my husband was weak or spiritually lazy, when in all reality, he is the most genuine, spiritual, loving husband and dad that I know. Then only thing we used to always fight about is the meetings, now our relationship couldn't be better!

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

One, my brother.

• slugga
    slugga
    Yesterday was an assembly day, and many asked about me and cried when they were told what happened. Do I feel guilty? Not one bit. They cry because they think Im dead. Well Im not dead. They are only treating me as though I were.

I faded away so haven't had didn't have to face up to that whole guilt trip about not being repentant and "forcing people into not being able to talk to me" (Thats pretty sick reasoning but its the way witnesses work)

So you're (practically) "dead" now :) At least they seem to have gotten over the "Matts Mentally ill" thing :)

I was thinking about that whole congregation gossip thing that happens when someone DA's or Df''s, saying someones "mentally ill" is there way of trying to accept you don't want to be like them without pardon the pun demonising you. I've heard all kinds of stuff in the past about fallen publishers, they must think alot of you.

• Dune
    Dune

Two Bible studies.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

The one (beautiful and highly intelligent...) girl I studied with who subsequently got baptised is now dead. Her spiritual development is more likely the influence of her father, the elder, though.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Fortunately not a single person though I had a few Bible studies going during the short time that I was active.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit