Check this out! my first act of "rebellion"...

by freedomlover 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Margie
    Margie

Very nice. My JW sister and I got ours done together. Strangely, her piercing got shallower and shallower over several months until finally it no longer existed. Her piercing was probably demonized.

• funlovingirl
    funlovingirl

Good for you!! I know exactly what you mean about your first act of rebellion being a big deal. Yaaaa for you and your sis!!!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Congratulations!..........and doesn't it feel GREAT to do something totally rebellious against the WTS!!!

MY first act (publically) was to buy and wear cross-shaped earrings! (I'm a bit past the body-piercing stage!) My first private act was to set my "no-blood" card on fire in the kitchen sink on my first New Year's Eve at midnight. I had only been "out" two months or so at the time. The earrings came about the next summer at a family funeral----a little more gutsy for me anyway!

hugs,

Annie

• pharisee
    pharisee

Yes I agree, those short jeans are very rebellious.....your jw family must have fliped out when they seen those.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Nice one, shake it sister!

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

I think navel piercings are painful and unnecessary... But I also think that what I think is irrelevant in regard to whether someone else should have (or want) one.

The Society has no right to decide what things are right and wrong to such a specific degree. Beyond anything in scripture, the Society shouldn't even be saying whether or not something is a "conscience matter"™, let alone saying that someone can't get a piercing.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

cute...cute. Never got mine done,

but I took my daughter to have her's done on her 16th birthday.

lisa

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

jeeprube - oh owww! nipple piercing? don't think I could take that one...

GGG - how cool, can't wait to see yours!

Richie - it's a date....I've got one in mind for me...

Purza and Margie - yeh, the girl who did my piercing said I had a perfect bellybutton for piercing, "wow, thanks!" and then she told me some piercings will push them selves out on their own. I hope mine doesn't.

Sunspot- HA! lol about your blood card. I got rid of mine a few weeks ago, and it was very liberating. love the idea of the cross earrings. I''ll have to try that sometime, just to tick someone off.

thanks so much for your comments..... I tried not to sleep on my stomach last night. it hurts when you roll over! It kept waking me up, but I'd smile to myself and then go back to sleep.....

• luna2
    luna2

What fun! Hope the pain goes away quickly.

I got my ears pierced a couple of years ago and just that made me queezy, so even the thought of getting anything else pierced gets dismissed very quickly. Such a coward.

I did think about getting a small tattoo, but it seemed like every other woman I knew was getting one which sort of turned me off...didn't want to be a lemming. I suppose if I had some great design that meant a lot to me it would have been different. Now I'm kind of over it. LOL

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway

Nice!! I am planning a tattoo here pretty soon as well.. One over my heart with a lightening bolt that says, "Caution, Caution Caution, to prevent electric shock, do not remove over. No user serviceable parts inside, refer servicing to qualified service personell." (it's from a magnetic fields song.) ALso considering one on my but cheek that says, "One way traffic do not enter...Exit only"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit