Now That The "Hope" Of Paradise Is Gone-----Now What???

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I think many exjws become agnostics and without real hope.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

the world is a paradise.

you see, just because i can "imagine" a better world, doesn't mean that it's a real place, or worth losing sleep over. right now is paradise. learning to love it.

ts

• greendawn
    greendawn

There is another hope of a heavenly type of paradise whatever that is, the JW paradise is a very basic and unsophisticated one anyway. Though a major selling point for them it has no biblical support.

• Honesty
    Honesty

After escaping from the JW cult my hope has been Christ's second coming.

Until He returns I am enjoying a little bit of Paradise now:

John 10:7-10 So Jesus said again, “ I assure you : I am the door of the sheep. All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep didn’t listen to them. I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved and will come in and go out and find pasture. A thief comes only to steal and to kill and to destroy. I have come that they may have life and have it in abundance.

No matter what the Jehovah's Witnesses say, as a Christian I know without a doubt that one day I will be in Paradise because:

Romans 10:8-9 This is the message of faith that we proclaim:

if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

Rev 2:7 “Anyone who has an ear should listen to what the Spirit says to the churches. I will give the victor

the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.

John 3:14-15 Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,

so that everyone who believes in Him will have eternal life.

• FairMind
    FairMind
    I think many exjws become agnostics and without real hope

Yes, I've seen that right here on this forum. It doesn't have to be that way. The organization is not God but it seems that many who leave the organization also leave their belief in God.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

I have to mow paradise every 5 or 6 days right now. To me, asphalt is paradise.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29
    Now that the "hope" of paradise is gone----perhaps we can investigate into reality. Why continue to place the highest significance outside of self and into some other person, place or thing? Perhaps our source has already gifted us with far, far more than we now know.

My hope of paradise is not completely gone, I no longer believe that a majical sky-pixie is going to just give it to us. I believe that it is up to us, our responsibility, to drop the contrived filters of our reality that really don't matter.

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

greendawn,

" Though a major selling point for them it has no biblical support."

I thought the bible spoke about an earthly paradise that the JWs often like to depict as smiley people with children hugging lions, and sheep nearby thanking their lucky stars they are on nobodies menu anymore?

• wanda
    wanda

Why do you say the hope of paradise is gone?

The Watchtower is going away but hope remains.

Many exJWs do become this or that but many also continue belief in the Bible. You get the impression MOST are agnostic only because those who are are more vocal than those who aren't. There is a Silent Majority who simply go on with life, thinking as Christians who believe in paradise and or heavenly resurrection.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I'm still working it out, I realised recently that I am afraid of dying and don't much want to, but it doesn't look like I'm going to soon so that's okay. A new friend has a 30% chance of surviving another two years due to cancer and hep C, and she's just decided to eliminate all the stupid crap and live life for the good of it. I can thoroughly respect that, and relate to it, although I probably have decades longer. (*touches wood*)

You start the coolest threads minimus!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit