Now That The "Hope" Of Paradise Is Gone-----Now What???

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Are you aimless? Are you happier? More confused?

• JH
    JH

I still believe in God's promise to restore paradise.

I still have faith.

• Funchback
    Funchback

I've been to paradise but I've...never been to me.

• slugga
    slugga
    Re: Now That The "Hope" Of Paradise Is Gone-----Now What???

Club 18 - 30 holidays?

Sorry

Matt

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

As a Christian, I do believe in Life After Death, so the lost hope of paradise isn't quite the same for me. But I do find that there is a certain relief in my life that I didn't experience as a JW. Instead of stressing about having to get this or that done before Armageddon comes, I find myself slowing down in life. Enjoying smelling the roses...realizing I have the rest of my life to figure things out. I don't feel aimless, but rather overwhelmed at the possibilities of what I could experience in Life. What decision should I make, take paint or piano lessons? Why not both?

• Plummet
    Plummet

Never really saw myself there in the first place

So I don't know what to think. But for now I am happier by keeping busy making my own paradise so to speak and improving my own health as best I can. Simply not sitting around and waiting on God to help me or make all things new but rather doing what I can to improve life for myself and those around me.

Plummet

"I wish God was alive to see this"-Homer Simpson

• onesong
    onesong

For me true trust in an intelligent Creator means that there is more than just this life in front of us. I don't think we're supposed to know exactly what else there is. So I try to make the most of EVERY moment of this life and don't let fear of death rob me of NOW.

I've found that if you concentrate on what you can give to this world (and it can be anything) you'll find a sense of fulfillment and joy.

I like your take Billygoat, experience as much as possible and don't miss the roses!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Before life there was"nothingness" I was not alive I was not conscious. After death it will be the same

• xjwms
    xjwms

I am trying to work on my paradise...

right now ... all around me.

We travel, and enjoy life as well as we can.

• ferret
    ferret

I always thought it would be boring day after day week after week, month after month, year after year,century after century, eon after eon,after eon,after eon. I am glad I believe in life after death.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit