Now That The "Hope" Of Paradise Is Gone-----Now What???

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    Before life there was"nothingness" I was not alive I was not conscious. After death it will be the same

That`s the JW-interpretation of the Bible. WHat the Bible says, that`s a whole different matter. According to the Bible, there is something after death (imediately after) - the soul.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I can't prove there is nothing after this life, but no one can prove there is another life. One thing is sure, I'll be in a position of whatever it is pretty soon now. (I wish it was "pretty soon now" like the GBs predictions}

Ken P.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm in my own private Idaho

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Are you aimless? Are you happier? More confused

Yes.to all three - Happier being off the treadmill, but I have no substitute faith

• minimus
    minimus

I don't think I have any special "hope" except to not die too soon.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

I agree with Onesong.

As a Christian, I believe there is only one chance at a physical life and this is it, we should make the most of it. That makes me happier.

Incidentally, I beieve there is scriptural evidence that paradise is a way of describing an interim state after death and before what is described as being saved. Many Christians believe the complete fulfilment of God's plan will not occur until after the physical heavens and earth - the cosmos - have passed away or dissolved.

Of course I no longer believe that the symbolic wording 'a new heaven and new earth' refers to this wee planet and a physical cosmos like this one. We should make the most of this one chance we get as physical beings.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

When mind generated hopes, dreams, beliefs and fears are gone, what's left?

If we shift attention from the mind's interpretations of life, and just be gently and silently attentive and present, there is, right here, a beautifully ineffable IS-ness. What is Life void of the minds filters? How deep and wide does this indescribable, yet oh so intimate and warmly inviting sense go?

Now that we are no longer hobbled and bound by beliefs, what is it about life that is not a belief, but rather true and real? Who am I, when all beliefs concerning a "me" and the universe separate, are gone? What am I -- really, right here, right now?

Now that the "hope" of paradise is gone----perhaps we can investigate into reality. Why continue to place the highest significance outside of self and into some other person, place or thing? Perhaps our source has already gifted us with far, far more than we now know.

j

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Darn, JamesThomas beat me to it!

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

" Now That The "Hope" Of Paradise Is Gone-----Now What???"

HADES!!

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

No matter what I did as a JW, I never felt it was enough, and never saw myself living thru Armageddon. When I finally got rid of the fear that Armageddon was coming any day now I felt like I had been given 50 extra years....

Now I take time to enjoy the people and things around me. I live my life now, instead of waiting and expecting it all to end any day now . So... Am I aimless? No.... Am I happier? Yes..... Am I more confused? Well, sorta..still not quite sure what I believe. But I'm in no hurry to figure it out either... at least I know that I have my whole life ahead of me, it's not like it's all going to end any day now...

GGG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit