Now That The "Hope" Of Paradise Is Gone-----Now What???

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• THE SHOOTIST
    THE SHOOTIST

The (now what???) is just life. Living right now, enjoying a cool drink while sitting on the porch and watching an incredible sunset, the laughter of little children playing with puppies in the yard, the smell of your favorite foods as you walk in the house for supper, and the sweet kisses from your little children or grandchildren. The point is can you find paradise right now? Is your glass half full of half empty? Do we have to have the promise of paradise to find happiness now? Seventy four years ago my grandmother said paradise was right around the corner. Every day was doomsday and armageddon and bad this and bad that. Fear dominated her and her children and grandchildren. She died without paradise. The glass was always half empty. Any person who says he or she has the answers and there is a paradise and they can prove it and its right around the corner, I consider to be a liar. They are also thieves that will rob you of paradise right now and will have you chasing that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Last dayers and a rainbow have a lot in common. Every time they think they see thee end and chase after it, it moves further out and appears to be somewhere else. (Now What???) Enjoy life, be a good person, and if there is a paradise and a loving God, you'll be there.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

wanda's right, the atheists are quite vocal.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Now ANYTHING is possible. :D

ps - agnostic is only a bad word in dubdom. in my world(s) agnosticism is just a fancy word for "i don't know". if there is a gawd and s/he-it kicks my ass for "being like little children" by honestly and humbly admitting that there's a lot "i don't know", well then s/he-it can kiss my ass b4 kicking it. :O ;)

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

I don't believe the Bible teaches about a paradise earth. It is yet another myth like the supposed doctrine of new light.

Someone show me where the words paradise and earth appear together in the same sentence anywhere in the Bible. Someone show me where the words new and light appear together in the Bible. Someone show me.........

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

I like others here, no longer believe in a coming paradise as the JW's teach. At first, when this realization came, I felt like the solid surface I had been standing on all these years was suddenly pulled away, and I felt myself falling into nothingness, with nothing to hold on to, it was quite frightening. All those years knowing for certain that if and when I die, I will awaken in this perfect paradise and that my children will be with me there together will all my resurrected loved ones, it was quite a neat and pleasing little package.

Reality however, isn't so neatly packaged! I then went on to find out what if anything is there after death, I began researching Near Death Experiences, Rebirth and Reincarnation information, and was quite enlightened, this is what I needed to know, it has given me a renewed hope that death is not the end, but I truly believe that our Soul lives on and when we die we will again be with our loved ones in another realm, what the absolute truth is, I will find out eventually, but for now this has brought me and my family peace and happiness, without having to serve some high control Borganization. Today I can honestly say, that I am much happier and have found true peace, I live in the present and believe we can live happily in this world, and we can make our own little paradise right here and help others do the same.

IC (of the Paradise can be here and now class)

• kid-A
    kid-A

I think many exjws become agnostics and without real hope. LMAO!!!! Do you really believe such nonsense? Define "real hope"??? I am an atheist and dont require a belief in supernatural hocus pocus and boogey men in the sky to have real hope in my future.....my life will end when I die and my only hope is that I can make the most out of the time I have on earth, and so far, I am doing a pretty good job. Try looking for your happiness now and creating your own paradise in your real, physical life, which is the only one you are ever going to have. Belief in the afterlife and supernatural beings is merely a symptom of fear of death and fear of life.....real life, which is the one you have now.

• flyphisher
    flyphisher

kid-A

Belief in the afterlife and supernatural beings is merely a symptom of fear of death and fear of life

I always read "supernatural"... Why? What does we really know? NOTHING AT ALL. (Doesnt depend on being an atheist or Christ, or whatever else..)

What if all "supernatural" fictions have natural sources, explicable by physics, mathematics and advanced scientific knowledge? WHY cannot, e.g. a "resurrection" happen by a natural process we are not able to understand in present days? Why couldn`t be time travel possible in far future? Why couldn`t parallel universes exist? Why couldn`t "dark matter" be possible? Why couldn`t everlasting life be possible, if gen-technics and other advanced medicine discovers new technologies?

To be an atheist just because having hatred to all recent religions and theology, or because rejecting any sort of "supernatural" approach - this is nonsense of in my opinion. You never can isolate "supernaturalism" exclusively to the sphere of metaphysics...

• cbbebop
    cbbebop

I felt kinda lost for a while, but i also believe that GOD does not disert those that truly love HIM and ONLY HE knows the who you really are. Only HE knows your heart, feelings, and thoughts. After all, HE is all knowing. Not some hypocrytical organization that seems to be slowly trying to take over the world if they could really do that. (please forgive my spelling). Anyway, in the end regardless of what any of us believe only then we may find out what else is out there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit