Here's why...

by RichieRich 47 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

xjwms, I bet they clank when he walks. No wonder he didn't fit in, they could HEAR him coming a mile away.

• xjwms
    xjwms

AuldSoul

LOL

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((Richie)))))) I was one of those that asked why. And now that I see your answer, I understand and respect it. Everyone has to make choices that are best for them at the time they make it. And it's obvious that you've thought this out carefully. I will support you no matter the decision you make and I'm proud of your courage!

Love ya kiddo!

Andi

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You're such a strong, good young man Richie. If you were my son I'd be totally proud of you...hell I'm proud of you anyway!

Josie

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Awesome Richie.

I'll tell you one thing. This may be good for your mom. In her head she is thinking she is right and your dad is wrong and you being a baptized witness is proving that point.

When you DA, this will cause some serious crisis in your mom. You might not see it. Especially when she is raging at you. But when she is alone, you can bet she will be thinking about it. Questioning. Like you mentioned before - she will look back at all the wasted time studying with you and taking you to meetings, et. al.

Being as clear and logical as you are now will do more in the long run than you may think initially. Not giving her the "f*ck you" attitude will work wonders. Don't be a pushover by any means, but don't give her the attitude she expects from those who "leave Jehovah".

You are a stronger person than your mom. Don't forget that. Ever. You do not need validation from these old codgers in the Kingdom Hall or in Brooklyn like she does. You don' t need to be obsessed with a fairy tale in order to distract you from the harsh realities of life like your mom. I don't mean that in a disrespectful way either.

Your mom sounds very much like mine. The difference is I didn't really realize until just a few years ago that she is loony. It breaks my heart to write that last sentence. I love my mom a lot too. Just like you. When it all comes out that me and FreedomLover and our kids are out, and that my little brother is coming with me, all hell will break loose. I'm not exaggerating either.

We're with you in spirit man. FreedomLover and I speak of you often. If you need a "safe house" you are always welcome. We'll even come and pick you up.

-ithinkisee

• pratt1
    pratt1

Wow, I my hat's off to you man, you are wise beyond your years.

I do have a few questions - at 18 are your financially able to stand on your own without the help of your family?

If you plan on attending college, and I hope you are, will your plan to DA yourself derail these plans?

Are you prepared to have a different, perhaps stranded relationship with your father after you are DA'd?

Will you still live in your parents house even though you are DA'd?

I don't mean to throw water on your plans, nor do I expect you to live a lie, but if your actions by DAing your self will adversely affect your future LIFE, you may want to postpone your decision until you have an effective escape plan (which you may already have).

Good luck no matter what route you chose.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I just want to thank everyone for understanding my decision. This was meant to be an appeal for validation, but merely to explain.

I appreciate the pointers I have recieved via PM and email regarding legal issues tied to my DA / nullification.

I have consulted with a lawyer (a friend's father who just so happens to LOVE venison) and he guided the legal bits of my letter.

According to him, it is definitely acceptable to tip your hand, and show that you have as much info about the elders as they have about you. He also has offered his services if things do necessitate litigation.

ITIS, I appreciate you and your wife being there and offering your home. I hope that I never have to take you up on that offer, but I will keep it mine.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Pratt, thank you

I do have a few questions - at 18 are your financially able to stand on your own without the help of your family?

I have a healthy trust fund awaiting me, which will pay for my college, and enough to buy a nice home.

If you plan on attending college, and I hope you are, will your plan to DA yourself derail these plans?

No. See above.

Are you prepared to have a different, perhaps stranded relationship with your father after you are DA'd?

It already is. I love the man, but we live in two different worlds most of the time.

Will you still live in your parents house even though you are DA'd?
    Hell no. Worst case scenario, I move to the mountains ( ITIS)
  • DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Be Warned ! Any Watchtower hacks who revile Richie will be subject to having their Kingdom hall of Jehovah's Witnesses name & identity google bombed out of existence by Danny Haszard's extensive bandwidth placements www.dannyhaszard.com Sample initiative http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Kingdom+Hall+Jehovah%27s+Witnesses+rockland+massachusetts&btnG=Google+Search Just say the word and it will be heard

• pratt1
    pratt1

Good for you RR.

Wish I had the wisdom and courage to handle myself like you when I was 18.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit