Here's why...

by RichieRich 47 Replies latest jw friends

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

I am proud of you Richie! You've got guts!

But this:

In my letter, I list each elder's full name, spouse name, childrens names, and home address. Just so they know, I'm not playing around.
    Not cool man.
  • stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

WoW Richie. WoW.

And I know how you feel buddy! People don't like to say it but hell I will-my mom was basically a verbal/emotional abuser all through my teen years. Just like yours she pressured me to get baptized but I was only 14, just like yours she constantly berated me, put me down, always reminded me I wasn't good enough compared to all the "other kids in the hall."

My baptism day too; was like the worst day of my life. I felt like I was being raped. Being forced to do something you just don't wanna do is the worst feeling in the world. I threw up 3 times in the restroom during the baptismal talk. I had an anxiety attack the night before. My mother knew but she didn't care. Her image was on the line.

I applaud you. The way you have put it into perspective (why you wanna D'A yourself and all has me thinking twice as to my own decision to simply fade. I dunno. I suppose I am still naive as to the fact that I figure 'hey, if I aint around then how bad can they be? They're not really the Gestapo-they just act like it. "

Well Good luck to ya my friend! And hey, if ya ever in the Atlanta area-come holla at me pimpin!

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Oh come on guys! I like the fact that he's got a list of all their family members names!

They've got ours.

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

In my letter, I list each elder's full name, spouse name, childrens names, and home address. Just so they know, I'm not playing around.

-----------------------

Actually, a better (slightly more expensive approach) would be to have a lawyer draft a brief letter (on law firm letterhead), and have it send it to them. Also include something like "My client will consider any announcements regarding their status in your organization as slander and/or libel, and will puruse all legal options against any individuals responsible for such statements".

I can promise you they will call the Legal Department, who will tell them they are on their own and to leave you alone. That actually might get some of them thinking about how exposed they are legally. You will still get shunned, but they will literally mess themselves if they ever bump into you in normal life.

I never had to use the L-bomb (legal bomb) option, but was quoted a price of about $150 by a lawyer about 4 years ago, when I had a close call myself. So, today it would likely be $200 or so. If you really want to leave with a bang, this is the ULTIMATE way to go out. Then again, lawyers may be cheaper in your neck of the woods.

Actually, I would donate $10 towards a fund for you to do this. Let's see if the other brave souls, who call silent faders weak-willed will put their money where their large mouths are.

cheers,
    silent

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Richie my young friend, you have wisdom beyond your years. I know you hear that alot on here, and you could almost start to wonder if you were just getting stroked. You're not. You deserve it.

Despite that, I was quite honestly going to try to talk you out of this. All the standard crap that others have said before, I'm sure. Then I read this post:

Friend, you seem to have missed the point. I want to be shunned.

And I realized you're on your way to becoming GaryBuss. If you achieve that, the rest of your life is cream cheese. (That's a good thing! :-) )

You have my respect, Sir.

Dave

• Soledad
    Soledad
    The people who associate with you, with hopes of bringing you back, don't have honest intentions at heart.

Bingo.

On an old ex-JW message board I revealed that I wanted to DA. Many tried to discourage me from doing so, but what you stated above is the exact reason why I drafted my letter instead of fading. I can't stand PHONIES.

my mom was basically a verbal/emotional abuser all through my teen years. Just like yours she pressured me to get baptized but I was only 14, just like yours she constantly berated me, put me down, always reminded me I wasn't good enough compared to all the "other kids in the hall."

My mother was like that too. I was forced into baptism at 12. My mother, like RR, rants and raves all the fricking time. Once I DA'd, and saw that I absolutely meant that I was never ever going to be a JW again, she shut up.

Oh how I hated her comparing me to the other "faithful sisters" in the hall! They were all such tramps......

And I realized you're on your way to becoming GaryBuss.

Richie, that is a great complement. One hell of a complement!

Hang in there!

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I'm provoking them. And I'm sure as hell not going to be silent, nor a spectator.

In my opinion, you are one smart man.

Silence is what the WTBT$ thrives on. If they can silence the dissenters they attract more unsuspecting people into their destructive cult.

They went to great lengths to silence Quotes website... threats, insults, ad hominen attacks, etc.

The WTBT$ is afraid of any and all who openly expose them for the antichristian cult they are.

They want a bunch of Jonah's who are content to be spectators: Jonah 4:5 Jonah left the city and sat down east of it. He made himself a shelter there and sat in its shade to see what would happen to the city.

They hate and despise vocal dissenters because their demonic empire is on the verge of collapse due to them.

I hope that you will continue to provoke and expose them after some of us old codgers have left the earthly scene.

If every discontented JW or exJW were as vocal as you the WTBTS would have already imploded on itself.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Dude,

If you really wrote that letter as you were getting ready to get baptised, your baptism was obviously invalid.

No Apologies

• Quentin
    Quentin

Good for you...others have already made some fine comments I'll leave it at that...

• xjwms
    xjwms

Richie

I envy you.

I wish my eyes were as open as yours are at that age.

All I can say, .. brass balls... WOW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit