"Witlesses", "JDumbs", other labels.. How do you feel about them?

by AlmostAtheist 54 Replies latest jw friends

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Depends on the conversation to some degree. IF I'm talking to someone about my 'elderette' sister for example. They're really, really into the 'troof' and if the GB told them to jump off a bridge, they might do it.

My point: There are some individual witnesses that can in a way earn the label. When we have painful experiences with certain individuals, it's difficult not to.

On the other hand, I do agree we need to be careful. There are many that are browsing through the boards who are active and are searching, be it for incriminating evidence against any of us or for the real truth. Talking about the general individual witness in those terms could do more harm then what the laugh is worth.

meagan

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

I don't know why "Jehobah" always makes me laugh. Might be because I was so scared of saying anything negative about that name as JWs, and this words sounds so funny when pronounced....I just can't help myself!lol

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Shitlesses, Witlesses, Witnoids, Circuit Serpent, Kingdumb Hall, Witchtower, Asleep, Eldubs, Crooklyn,

They know not to take it personally! Theyre trained to let it roll of them like water of a ducks back. It makes them feel special to have a bit of persecution. Were doing them a favour. After all its the Moslem religion thats taking all the flak at the moment. nobodys persecuting the poor old witlesses. They just pale into insignificance compared to 9/11, Iraq, Saddam et al.

Were keeping the persection radar up for them.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Hm,

good point Katie.

Whenever they can claim persecution they wear it as a badge of honor.

They should have their own t shirt made for them for their congregation picnics:

"WITLESS AND PROUD OF IT BABY!!!"

(sorry too much coffee)

meagan

• minimus
    minimus

Very good question......I generally don't like it. If I were a lurker and saw "Jehovies" or something similar---it would turn me off.

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

Being hispanic, Puerto Rican to be exact, I have no problem with Beaner, Wetback, Spic... 'Cause I know that I don't pick beans for a living, my full american citizenship permitted me to FLY to the U.S., so I'm not a 'Wetback and I do 'Spic' English very well.

If anybody has a problem with that, I'll stab them and steal shit from them while listening to very loud music on my stolen boom box.

Oh wait, I'm not that kind of Puerto Rican, I have never been to New York, bitches!

:D

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Dave,

Great thread. I think it is an important thing to discuss. I think that the average JW identifies very closely with the name "Jehovah's Witnesses" whereas, in my opinion, they don't identify as closely with the "Organization," the Faithful and Discreet Slave, the Watchtower Society and so forth.

Making fun of Jehovah's Witnesses is making fun of them personally, no matter what level of the org they are at. Even publishers are regarded as Jehovah's Witnesses (although they will still killed at Armageddon—which is coming any day now—if they don't get baptized).

But using the bOrg, Faithless and Distraught Slavers, Witchtower Babbling Trash Society, or Goobering Boggy should not present a threat in general.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Katie, I could listen to you all day! You have such a marvelous way of expressing yourself!

Frannie,

AA, ya mean like "Sister Sneaky/Deceptive" that I met in the ER last week? She earned it.

Exactly, she earned it. You didn't deride her as a member of a group, but for what she's done personally. She's was a brainless robot and deserves any derision you can bring on her.

Thanks for working this over with me, folks. Very useful.

Dave

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

make fun of the org. all you want, but some of the terms can be too personal. im a witness and im not really dumb nor witless, and many fit into the same category as i do. making fun of gods name, whether jehovah is absolutely correct or not, is offensive to me personally. it's still making fun of god. i dont care to cross that line.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

some here (myself included) do not believe that jehovah is the name of God and therefore have no fear of bastardizing it.

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit