"Witlesses", "JDumbs", other labels.. How do you feel about them?

by AlmostAtheist 54 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I don't really think we should let "political correctness" get in the way of freedom of speech. It is true that we should not use the N word or other racial and/or gay slur, since those people have no control of the thing we would be picking on them for. Nor is it fair to use derogatory words for people of national origin (again, the issue is morally neutral).

However, when it comes to witlesses, the term means someone without wits or that does not use wits. The Watchtower Society effectively trains these people to put their wits aside, so the Society and the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger can do all their thinking for them. Such ones make themselves witlesses. And, all Jehovah's Witnesses are urged to thus become Jehovah's Witlesses. True, not all of them become truly witless. The ones that have (and use) some wits soon become ex-Jehovah's Witlesses and become apostates.

The individuals within that religion as a group are not value creators, either. If anyone follows the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger class to the letter, they are going to either usurp or destroy value. They are urged to waste people's time by interrupting their activities. They preach against perfectly harmless music (including music that is only slightly suggestive). They urge people to give up careers and college, so they can have more time to pioneer. They also urge members to give as much of their hard-earned money to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund. This is a tremendous waste of resources that could have been put to better use, including the time and gas that is wasted while out in field circus.

An individual witless has the choice of becoming an ex-witless. However, the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger makes that extremely difficult and costly to do. It is much the same as a smoker becoming an ex-smoker. Many smokers want to quit, but either they are too lazy or too stagnated to do it. The Watchtower Society also makes many of its members want to quit by being unreasonable, but too many do not see the way out. Many are too lazy to do their own thinking (and will be witlesses for life, literally). Others are too stagnated (and that's what the Society wants) or have family in. While these may continue going through the motions of being a witless, they are gaining their wits back. It's among those that we find active witlesses joining this board and gaining back their wits.

No, I am not against the labels. None of those terms are derogatory terms for a condition that the person has no control of and are of no objective significance (such as race or national origin). Nor do I always refer to all old people as "old fogeys" (such would be offensive to older people with acceptance to the younger generation). Only those old people (and sometimes even younger ones) with little or no tolerance of younger viewpoints and the freedom therein, deserve to be labelled as such. Likewise, it's the religion and those faithfully following it that I refer to as witlesses.

• Scully
    Scully

I went through a phase of using derogatory labels for JWs. It was mostly, I think, a way of expressing my hostility toward the group and identifying (to myself) that I was adamant about never going back.

A lot of that anger has left me. My life is what it is and I accept it for what it is. I can't change the past. I can't control the future. But in the here and now, I choose to not poison myself with that anger. Being angry doesn't do anything to them... it only gives them continuing control over me, and I refuse to go there.

Having said all that, I think that was a very important phase for me to experience, so I have no judgements against anyone who feels the need to express themselves in that manner.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    a prejudice about a group of people

Regardless of our intelligence, most of us at one time allowed an organization to do our thinking for us.
    That means we were brainwashed, mind-controlled JW's. There's a prejudice for ya.

While I prefer to slam the organization and not the individual, as long as the individual is part of the group
    that still allows the organization to control their thinking, the pet names are appropriate. I think that anyone
    who reads far enough into this board to see those names can be helped more than hurt to be forced to
    look into the possibility that they are "witless" or "J-dummies." Some of the more negative names don't serve much
    purpose to that end, but they help the poster to work out some anger.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..Q:Where are JW`s fed WBT$ Crap?.....A:At the Kingdung Hole!...............Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I must be mellowing with age. Lately I just call them cultists.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit