if God proved he was there would you serve him

by force 64 Replies latest social current

• force
    force

Hiya all

i just wondered this becus i know lots of people have lost faith in god and the bible.

but if today something happened that proved 100 percent that god existed, would you go back to serving him?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

the god of the bible? no. not at all. not only would he have a lot of explaining and excusing to do, but i would still not trust this psychopath of the OT who turned into the sociopath of the NT.

i speak totally honestly to you sir, when i say that if satan proved to me that he existed 100%, i would consider worshiping him. of course, he would probably not want to be worshiped, but would prefer that i become as a god myself.

as far as other gods are concerned, i would consider them based on what their track record was, and their logic. as long as it was not abrahamic based. i would rather burn in the fires of hell that worship abraham's god. and i speak honestly to you again with that statement.

a cool god that i have heard of is buddha. though i don't know if he would be considered a god in the classic sense of the word.

right now i worship myself, and some women. and it's the most wonderful spiritual state i have ever experienced.

tetragod

• greendawn
    greendawn

To me God has proven his existence through the things that we see around us here on earth and in the universe, what Paul says every house is made by someone and the world was made by God and manifests his qualities. Much easier to believe than the astronomically tiny chance of evolution.

As for going back to worshipping God, refering to the current atheists, I hope you don't mean god as presented by the JWs, a savage and vindictive god, their own fantasy creation really.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Wouldn't it be interesting for "GOD" to appear to groups around the earth and explain that he finally decided to check back in on us. He explains that he never "inspired" a book to be written and everything we percieve about him is not true so far. He then proceeds to tell us about himself, answers all our questions, and determines how he can help us fix the mess we've made! We can all have dreams, can't we?

Swalker

• Satanus
    Satanus

I'm god. I just proved to yall that i exist by means of this post. That is, more writing than the bible god has done directly, since thousands of yrs. It is claimed that one of his angels wrote some grafitti on a wall in babylon, just before it fell. It is also claimed that he wrote the ten commandments in stone. However, niether of those exist, anymore, if they ever did.

S

Ps, i accept money in all formats.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

There are a lot of Gods to a lot of different people. Which one? I would really need to know find out what he had to say in regards to who he is, why life is as it is and what we can look forward to.

If God is exactly like how the WTS explains him, I would find it almost impossible to. A bloodthirsty God that slaughters people that have never heard of him, I can not think of what he could say to make it justifiable.

Think of the flood, no ressurection for the drown. It has been calculated that about 1 billion (1,000,000,000) people were alive then. Man had been multiplying for 2000 years and spread around the earth. How many did Noah preach to? 1,000 or even 10,000. That leaves around a billion people that were born in sin that never knew God, didn't have a bible and never heard Noah's warning.

Was that justifiable punishment? If it was I have no desire to know God.

It is said a bad son brings shame on its father. If that is the case, than how is Satan and Adam supposed to make us feel about God if the WTS explaination, particularly in regard to the sovereignty issue is correct?

• Ellie
    Ellie

I do believe that there is a god because of creation, but I don't think hes the god of the bible and I don't think he wants to make himself known to us, I think he just wants to let us get on with things and do good because we are good people not because we want to keep in his good books.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

greendawn,

i find it interesting that you pick and choose what WTS ideas you want to keep:

To me God has proven his existence through the things that we see around us here on earth and in the universe, what Paul says every house is made by someone and the world was made by God and manifests his qualities. Much easier to believe than the astronomically tiny chance of evolution.

and which ones you want to shed:

I hope you don't mean god as presented by the JWs, a savage and vindictive god, their own fantasy creation really.

(jw's are not the only ones who present a savage god.)

apart from the motive of wanting to show your faith to your god, what else would prompt you to keep one of the WTS's doctrines, but shed the rest? you seem to have liberated yourself from their other doctrines. what is it about your current god, or the bible, or your pastor, that would have you preclude evolution as an explanation for his creation here on earth?

TS

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

I think when we all get to meet God, it will be alot like meeting someone at an apostafest that you have been talking to for awhile online.

He won't be anything like what we imagined, but once we meet him all the stuff that he said and did will make total sense.

CYP

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

CYP,

you's talkin' 'bout me ain't 'cha?

tetragod

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit