if God proved he was there would you serve him

by force 64 Replies latest social current

• flyphisher
    flyphisher

ithinkisee

I do not think that your contribution to the topic is very intellectually...;-(

Note: There are many desperate members looking for answers nobody gave them.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

I do not think that your contribution to the topic is very intellectually...;-(

Note: There are many desperate members looking for answers nobody gave them.

what are you talking about? there are already three pages of "regular" answers...

plus, it's a relative situation you are dealing with. seriously, vagina seems more appealing to some people than jehovah does.\\

sincerely,

TS

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

... and definitely more appealing (and satisfying) than garden gnomes.

... never been much of a midget p0rn guy myself ...

-ithinkisee

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

tetra

vagina seems more appealing to some people than jehovah does.

That would be because, unlike worshipping Jehovah, worshipping vagina shouldn't leave a bad taste in your mouth...

• daystar
    daystar
    but if today something happened that proved 100 percent that god existed, would you go back to serving him?

As impossible as it would be for me to explain the reason why I say this... If something happened to prove that any god objectively existed, this one among all the gods that mankind has created, I think it would unmake all that is.

And that, besides that it is quite difficult (impossible, really) to prove that you, or I, or anyone else exists outside of our own perceptions, much less anything like a god.

• Krystal
    Krystal

God would not have to only prove his (or her) existance to me but also why he deserves my worship. And the "I am the creator of the universe" wouldn't work for me... humans pro-create all the time and we don't expect our children to worship us!!

Also, he/she would have alot of explaining to do... I mean look around... why haven't you stepped in and fixed things before??

It would be an interesting conversation.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

if God proved he was there would you serve him?

Before you could make a rational decision you would have to consider the alternatives. So, in response I'd ask, 'What are the alternatives ?"

steve

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

If god created me with the desire for freedom, why would he have me in servatude? Why does an almighty need or want my service? I could treat him like a father, if he wasnt so emotionally distant. If he acted like a dad.

If he is a dictator why should a free man/woman submit to him?

• flyphisher
    flyphisher

force

but if today something happened that proved 100 percent that god existed

What has to "happen"; what do you mean? Could you precise? What, if they just discover a scientific proof that he exists?

(Don`t say this thing is impossible).

• xjwms
    xjwms

religion and serving still has me burned out.

I just want to make money and plan a better retirement than my parents had.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit