More 'great' statements from the MySpace JW forum....

by TallTexan 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Krystal
    Krystal
    watch out for an apostate who has this information. Cyrus Male 26 Bryan Texas. Tried to make me stumble. Hes talked to me before and I blocked him. He probably deleted it and created a new one.
    So Im leaving the group. I keep getting harassed by apostates, and Im getting tired of it. So its been fun and its been real but it hasn't been real fun hahaha (I crack myself up). Laterz

LOL

It never ceases to amaze me how scared they are of ppl who do not share their beliefs.

Whatever happened to, "Jehovah is my helper, I shall not be afraid"???

• kid-A
    kid-A

I mean, its one thing to talk about WTBS in an ex-jw forum, and active witness who comes in here is doing so at their own discretion, but its a completely different to go a JW-youth myspace board with the sole purpose of trying to get them to leave.

I respectfully disagree. If they have the right to knock on the doors of complete strangers for the sole purpose of recruiting new cult members, I have the right to go on a public forum and try to prevent people from joining and/or convincing members to leave. Its simply a free and fair exchange of ideas within a democracy.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Dune,

I can't answer for all but perhaps this is why some join the discussion boards.

Witnesses feel it is appropriate and acceptable to preach their particular faith at personal homes, places of business, grocery stores, parking lots, schools, bus stops, street corners and yes even ex-jw websites such as this. They have no compunction with stating emphatically that their religion is correct and that whatever religious leanings their listeners have is incorrect. Many reason, therefore, that if the witnesses can preach than they can certainly be preached to. As long as one is honest and respectful all that is actually occurring is an interchange of ideas. That is something, by the way, that witnesses thrive on; they view it as the main method of growing the religion, a sign of spiritual blessing.

As for me, I can't take the youthfulness of it all over there.

• Saoirse
    Saoirse
    The idea that six random JW kids would all get in is preposterous, mostly because they won't have taken the demanding academic courses they need.

Not to mention that most prestigious universities want students who are involved in extracurricular activities that JWs are not allowed to participate in. I doubt pioneering qualifies.

• Dune
    Dune

If you want to change someone's viewpoints, thats fine. But going into a JW-youth discussion forum and pretending to be a devout witness or a potential bible student is wrong. If you want to save these kids, make up an ex-witness my space discussion group and they'll lurk and see the info for themselves.

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

Or do what I did, make up an apostate profile, everyone will see it and freak out. They will post on every board that you are an apostate, emails will fly like crazy. Curiosity will overcome them and they will check out your site. My profile and blog have been viewed HUNDREDS of times, the only ones that would have any interest in viewing it are JWs.

No doubt, some of these kids are probably lurking at JWD by now.

• slugga
    slugga
    If you want to save these kids, make up an ex-witness my space discussion group and they'll lurk and see the info for themselves.

And dont forget to put a topless pic of britney spears on the front page

Matt

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

i think that's the way to go... tell the truth.

It creates more of a stir.

kdn

• DannyHaszard
  • TallTexan
    TallTexan
    I have the right to go on a public forum and try to prevent people from joining and/or convincing members to leave.

Right on....'nuff said....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit