Iran: Your Next !!!

by prophecor 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bryan
    Bryan

One thing that makes this (Iran) different from Iraq, is that many world powers, including China, are warning Iran not to proceed. And also condeming the Iran prez for his words against Isreal.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Of all the nations in the middle east, Iran is the one that is due the most payback as far as the U.S. is concerned.

Er isnt that bs?Ever heard the saying sticks and stones etc......all they do is chant anti-American slogans (some may say with good reason)and burn the stars and stripes.

How many Iranians hijacked Planes at 9/11?Another illegal war in the middle East will isolate America further imo.

Jesus,the Hostage crisis was in the seventies.Get over it for Gawds sake.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Iran is a conundrum.

We can't let Iran get the bomb: They are simply to crazy. MAD worked because the soviet leaders could be trusted to not do something that would destroy the dream of worldwide socialsim. The Iranian leaders would see it as martyrdom. They are the avowed enemies of Israel, the US, and the entire non-muslim world. They also sit on and in close proximity to most of the worlds oil reserves. By possessing the bomb they could invade and exercise hegemony over the entire region and keep the world at bay. An Indian general said after Desert Storm that the lesson was don't tangle with the Americans unless you have nukes. Iran wants nukes because they want to tangle with us.

We can't invade: I just don't see how an invasion, or even a limited bombing campaign would do any good. They have certainly learned from the Osirik disaster when the Israelis took out Saddam's nuclear ambitions in one swift strike. Their facilities are distributed and hardened and secret. Absent another 9/11 type attack , the American public would not support another invasion looking for WMD. That was the most unfortunate failure of the Iraq war. The most publicized purpose for the war, turned out to be false. Now any discussion of war to remove the Iranian nuclear ambtion will be lambasted in light of the failure to find wmd in Iraq. And the American public has no desire for another occupation.

The other ticking clock in Iran:

Regime change. That is what everyone is hoping/waiting for. Everyone is hoping that the much hated regime will finally be toppled by the young, restless, and freedom loving populace. The actions of the new president shows that those are genuine fears for the regime. He has removed several members of the military hierarchy. There has been brutal suppression of all dissent. Unfortunately, the rest of the world has done almost nothing to help support any democratic movement in Iran.

So the question is which clock will go off first?

Will there be regime change before there is a bomb? Do we have good intelligence on how far along the bomb is? Can we trust any such intelligence in light of the failure to find wmd in Iraq? Glad I am not President/Prime Minister. The world is starting to bear eerie similarities to 1914 and the 1930s.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    Jesus,the Hostage crisis was in the seventies.Get over it for Gawds sake.

It is more then that. They were neck deep in the attack on the Marine Barracks in Lebanon. The USMC wants payback for 220 dead Marines in 1983. They won't "get over it"

Semper Fidelis

CYP

• shark attack
    shark attack

DONT STOP KILL US ALL USA AGAINST THE WORLD. CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!

• freydi
    freydi

http://www.christianquestions.net/

See "Do Palestinians or Israel belong in Gaza?" 10/23/05

• heathen
    heathen
    Does anyone else have any ideas/opinions about the king of the north. We will be studing this in the next 2 book studies.

I have some . That whole bit about king of north and south in Daniel is nothing but dogma . It is an end time prophesy but they have it so every battle is somehow connected to it . I think the king of the north is the lamb beast or US britain alliance . The king of the north has "many ships" and invades the entire middle east just prior to the end of the world .Sounds like what's going on now with the US ivasion of Iraq and afghanistan.

• Simon
    Simon
    Iran: Your Next !!!

Why are Bush supporters so bad at literacy?

It's not "YOUR next" unless it's "your next [something]"

It is "YOU'RE" as in "YOU ARE next"

I presume you mean "you're next to show off the ineffectiveness of the American army" ?

I don't think anyone in their right mind imagines even Bush and co are stupid enough or have the support to go fighting Iran where they would get creamed.

Make no mistake. Iran is no Iraq.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Greetings!

I am glad someone finally pointed out the grammatical error. I was cringing.

I won't go off on U.S. policy, Iraq, or the present administration. That would be too easy and I don't have the time or energy to waste my breath or fingers rather.

All I wanted to mention is that I think it is very ignorant and narrow-minded of people to couch things in terms of this is a fight for democracy, to "liberate" anyone or to overthrow "dictators."

There are many totalitarian governments existing in the guise of Kingdoms, Amirs, and Sultanates in the Near East/Middle East. (Not too mention totalitarian regimes such as Cuba, Brunei, N. Korea, and elsewhere.)

Saudi Arabia, one of the U.S.'s best allies in the region, is as we all know ruled by one family, the Sauds, and as we all know was actually the nationality of many of the terrorists involved with 911. It remains a land of gross human rights violations and inequality and anything far from democratic.

Kuwait was ruled by the Sabah family.

Dubai and the other UAEs are amirs ruled by single persons or families.

the list could go on and on.

All of these governments are not democratic and most of them are just as bad from a civil rights perspective as Iraq ever was. Yet, (some in) the U.S. turn a blind eye to all of these things simply because it is useful in pursuing the current agenda.

So please stop blindly parroting what the policy wonks and the Bush administration keep repeating as if to convince themselves that the U.S. is engaged in some righteous crusade to spread democracy and freedom around the world. Nothing could be further from the truth.

If you believe that you are a fool. It is about money and power that is all it is about and to an extent it is about the desire to do something, however misguided, immoral or consequential, so as not to feel helpless in response to terrorism.

And even if it was the goal of the U.S. to promote democracy and freedom around the world, it does not have the moral right to do so. (Our government and many who support such policies have confused mightiness with righteousness.)

These are sovereign nations who have the fundamental human right to choose their own form of government or to revolt against it. I would also add that these are sovereign nations that have the fundamental human right to arm and protect themselves, including developing and possessing nuclear weapons, and it is only when they should ever threaten other sovereign nations that the U.S. or other countries might have the right to object or to use force to prevent it. This new doctrine of preemptive warfare is rotten in every sense.

-Eduardo

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

I do not think they are next becausethe U.S.A. can't afford another war, IMHO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit