Getting even with the WTS

by greendawn 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• greendawn
    greendawn

After being emotionally traumatised by the WTS through their shunning policy due to being disfellowshipped or disassociated, or because of other issues that hurt you as a JW, did you manage to get even with them by harming their interests for example by helping JWs to leave or directing interested persons away from them or any other way?

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I'm sure that everyone here on JWD helps others to find the backbone to leave the WTS by means of the plethora of informative posts on this forum, some of the more pertinent ones having been categorized and catalogued by LadyLee in her "Best of...." threads.

This is happening everyday and everyone here contributes to this whether they realize it or not.

Frannie

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I haven't managed, as far as I know, to influence anyone in that way yet, but I would hope to do so. I know how happy dedpoet was on the night I handed my da letter in (he was with me). He didn't say anything directly to me, he encouraged me to do research and I came to my own conclusions regarding the wt, and here I am. If I get the opportunity to help someone in that way, I would take it for sure.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Im on my out now as we speak. Thanks to the internet, books and now this board that I just joined a couple of weeks ago. THANKS to ALL. All of you by your posts help me get a better grip on things.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Not yet, i'm still on my way out. I'll keep you posted.

• Quyrah
    Quyrah

You know, I actually don't have any hard feelings of wanting to get back at them for what they did to me. I honestly believed it was the truth and it was my fault in some ways for letting them get me for as long as they did. However, I will talk about my experiences and make sure that anyone who ever thinks of wanting to investigate them knows what they are really like. I don't blame individuals. I think it's the so called "Faithful & Discreet Slave" that is the main blame or culprit for misleading honest hearted people. If I go anywhere and I happen to come across any of their literature I usually will pick it up, rip it in two and throw it in the trash.

Although recently I went to a doctors office and saw the children's bible story book and if there wouldn't have been so many people in the waiting room I think I would have picked it up and thrown it out. Why I still didn't do it, I'm not sure yet. But one day I'll have more courage for those things. I take one day at a time and am thankful despite lossing 27 years to them, I am not going to let them have any more of my life.

Have a great day

Q.

"I did then what I knew how, now that I know better, I do better."

• THE SHOOTIST
    THE SHOOTIST

I've spent the last five years doing payback for the grief they've caused me. Sometimes when I get in a real bad mood I find an unsuspecting local witness to vent my anger upon. Since I'm not from this area and no one knows my witness connections, I can have a little fun playing with their heads. There are a lot of witnesses in this area and I frequent some of the places they work. The other day I suckered an elder's wife into a conversation by pretending to be at a loss as to how cope with all the horrific things going on in the world and all those natural disasters that were hurting mankind. Her comeback was these are the last days and fulfillment of Bible prophecy crap. That's when the fun began. After her volunteering the name of her religion I told her I had been raised around some JW relatives and was familiar with their history. After reminding her of over 125 years of failed prophecy by JWs I then started to ask her about the UN involvement and that they had disfellowshipped one of my relatives for bringing the subject up to his elders. I then attacked her stand on blood stressing their consent to using blood fractions. After asking her if she would donate blood and she said no, I then asked her why witnesses let other people donate blood from which derivatives were taken for their benefit. In front of others in her workplace I said that she was straining at the knat and gulping down the camel. The lady was literally dumbfounded and ceased to answer my allegations. Later one of the employees said that the lady is real quiet at work. They said she sits at her desk and cries a lot. I guess some people may think that this is being mean, but when you get caught spreading the manure, you have pay the consequences. I have helped over 20 people out in the past 5 years. I have to say that it feels so good to help set others free. This is payback with a vengeance.

• upside/down
    upside/down

The best revenge...is to LIVE WELL!

And I'm getting in some great payback.....!

u/d

• Shining One
    Shining One

Hi Greenie,
    My wife and I presently do speaking engagements at churches, seeking to educate Christians and others about this cult. We share with anyone who asks in our daily walking through life as well. We witnessed to car groups and individual JWs before we DA'd in 2002. This was about two years after we became Chrsitians; born again. My mom and grandmother have gotten saved and with the latter it was one week or so before her death, praise God!
    Rex

• Scully
    Scully

Well, I got my spouse and children out. I have supported a couple of my siblings who have the desire to get out. I have helped an old friend and his wife leave the JWs too.

I've talked to a few people who have lost a loved one to the JWs (prior to my JWD days) and helped educate them about how the JWs work.

I have a better track record of helping people get out of the JWs than I ever did getting them in.

The best form of "getting even" - for me - has been to have a great life and be happier these past 10 years OUT of the JWs than I ever was in the 25 years I spent IN the JWs. I think it creates a lot of dissonance among JWs when they see exJWs not turning out like the angry, miserable, unemployed, festering with STDs, having babies out of wedlock, spouse abusing Poster Child exJW that the WTS likes to paint as the bleak future that exists for anyone who Leaves The Truthâ„¢. When they see us happy and thriving, it doesn't compute, and if they ever start doubting the WTS, it makes them start thinking that maybe they could survive as exJWs too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit