The LETTER Posted at all Kingdom Halls

by Apostate Kate 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

I know someone here must know about the letter and there is a thread somewhere. Can someone link me to that thread either in PM or here on the new letter posted in all the Kingdom Halls about them admitting they are not inspired etc ..

Thank you!

• skyman
    skyman

Please do not PM it to her but post it here for all of us to see

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I second that motion. I would like to see that too.

Jeff

• Muffinman
    Muffinman

Now they're making disclaimers saying that you can't hold them responsible?

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Not more "New light", let me put my sunglasses on, im going blind !!!!

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    I second that motion.

Me, too!! I want to see this letter, too!!

-Becka :)

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

C'mon guys! Somebody get us a copy of this!

AuldSoul

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

I only have bits and pieces so far.

Basicaly it says that they are not inspired of God (for legal reasons no doubt)

I am running into JWs who are in a funk and kinda looking out the windows .....that were not there but are now...I'm talking to a JW right now who read it, be right back...

• blondie
    blondie

You mean like this?

Because of this hope, the "faithful and discreet slave" has alerted all of God’s people to the sign of the times indicating the nearness of God’s Kingdom rule. In this regard, however, it must be observed that this "faithful and discreet slave" was never inspired, never perfect. Those writings by certain members of the "slave" class that came to form the Christian part of God’s Word were inspired and infallible, but that is not true of other writings since. Things published were not perfect in the days of Charles Taze Russell, first president of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society; nor were they perfect in the days of J. F. Rutherford, the succeeding president. The increasing light on God’s Word as well as the facts of history have repeatedly required that adjustments of one kind or another be made down to the very present time. But let us never forget that the motives of this "slave" were always pure, unselfish; at all times it has been well-meaning. Moreover, the words found at Romans 8:28 are fitting here also: "God makes all his works cooperate together for the good of those who love God, those who are the ones called according to his purpose." Actually, any adjustments that have been made in understanding have furnished an opportunity for those being served by this "slave" to show loyalty and love, the kind of love that Jesus said would mark his followers. (John 13:34, 35; compare 1 Peter 4:8.) For those who truly love God’s law there is no stumbling block.—Ps. 119:165.

*** w79 3/1 pp. 23-24 To Whom Shall We Go but Jesus Christ? ***

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    But let us never forget that the motives of this "slave" were always pure, unselfish; at all times it has been well-meaning.

Didn't someone say somewhere that the road to hell is paved with good intentions?

Frannie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit